What do you grow to feed the chickens??

Time to get planning on what to plant next season!!

DH had the chainsaw out today to clear more trees--- so I can plant more grasses etc. Just not sure what to plant . . . . lots of annual rye in all the mixes-- totally confusing . . .

Time to get planning on what to plant next season!!

DH had the chainsaw out today to clear more trees--- so I can plant more grasses etc. Just not sure what to plant . . . . lots of annual rye in all the mixes-- totally confusing . . .

I'll be planting some mulberry trees... we can use the extra shade and the berries are a plus for the emu and the rest of the birds!

Mulberry is one of my favorites-- like black berries but no thorns, and no seeds as I remember.

WHen the local hospital was adding on, it renovated a field with large, HUGE, mulberries, the size of an old elm, into pavement. I was very sad to see that parking lot. All that food for the wild birds gone.

Chickweed grows fine, as it does almost anywhere. Obviously it being winter now a lot of wild berry plants are the only thing's flourishing.

coriander, nasturtium, Roses, Blueberry, brambles, zucchini, potatoes, strawberry's we grow fine in the spring/summer time.

Back
Top Bottom