What do you guys fo with the Chicken Poop????

I use compost bins (the 2 black things in the front) since I don't want my dogs or other pests in the compost/poop.

garden21.jpg

Or if you have friends/neighbors who garden, ask them if they'd like some poop? Sounds weird but I used to haul over buckets of it to my mother-in-law who gardened as well.

Sounds weird but I used to haul over buckets of it to my mother-in-law who gardened as well.
Not weird at all :D I've been doing that for 9 years.
Well, not a MIL but friends who like to garden and compost(I do not).
They are glad to have it and I am glad to see it being used.

I use compost bins (the 2 black things in the front) since I don't want my dogs or other pests in the compost/poop.

View attachment 2991313

Or if you have friends/neighbors who garden, ask them if they'd like some poop? Sounds weird but I used to haul over buckets of it to my mother-in-law who gardened as well.
Not weird and we can beat that;). Our neighbor's are generous enough to let my daughter keep her horses in their barn. They don't have animals so we handle all the stall poop and bring it to our property to compost. When both horses were on stall rest together, it was a little too much for us to handle. We ended up loading a bunch into the back of the truck (enveloped in a giant tarp) and driving it out to a friends farm where they turn compost using a tractor and not a small pitchfork like me:D

You sound like a candidate for just dumping all your yard and kitchen waste and the chicken poop into the run and let time and chickens do all the work for you. You'll have some great soil amendments come spring and you never broke a sweat.
This is what I will be doing this summer once I get my homecoop & run set up. There’s a thread on here somewhere that has a whole ton of information about run composting. ❤️

Back
Top Bottom