What do you guys look for in land/property?

Yeah, it’s so frustrating!! I feel like even just having the septic in or water and power or something is better than nothing even if there’s not a house, just having it already in is big I feel like. But yeah, there’s so much land for so cheap! Some areas it’s even like hundreds of acres for like nothing but then I’m like weeeeeeeeelllllllll.... 100-200 or 500 acres is WAYYYYY too much anyway 😂🤣🙈 40-50 honestly sounds good though! You wouldn’t even necessarily need to maintain it all. Could just maintain maybe half that or less, like 10-20 or whatever is manageable for you, and leave the rest wooded or just occasionally fix up the trails or whatever. I’m the same way though. I could live in a tent if I had my animals 😂🤣 honestly I think I’d be outside most of the time anyway if I had the land to explore and animals to work with. ❤
I could manage 10 pretty well. I used to have 5 (+2 in forested land). I'm just worried if I got 40-50 acres the rest would get super wild and unmanageable. But then again I guess that would be a good thing! I could keep them from dropping developments on it and save some wildlife. Plus it would be good space for cattle or horses.

I could manage 10 pretty well. I used to have 5 (+2 in forested land). I'm just worried if I got 40-50 acres the rest would get super wild and unmanageable. But then again I guess that would be a good thing! I could keep them from dropping developments on it and save some wildlife. Plus it would be good space for cattle or horses.
Yeah, our woods here are pretty wild and trees down and stuff but it’s great for the wildlife. ❤️ They love our area cause we’re surrounded by houses/development so it’s one of the only “wild” areas left haha I say you should do it and then if you wanna clear more later you could. You could always build trails and use it for walking/hiking or something too. ❤️ And then you could just like clear the trails like once or twice a year or whatever and leave the rest wild.

My future house must have several acres and be out in the country. It needs forest, but land for a garden too. A creek or stream nearby would work great! It needs good, large areas for animals, and a spot for a bachelor coop away from the house.

As for the house... I don't really care. Just match my yard demands.
Yes for sure away from the house! My current cockerels crow soooo much and they’re right outside our bedroom windows 😭😭

Yes for sure away from the house! My current cockerels crow soooo much and they’re right outside our bedroom windows 😭😭
You reminded me of a roo I used to have years ago. He was a little silkie roo, and he used to walk all the way from the barn just to crow under my bedroom window. And he had the /shrillest/ crow ever. Think rusty door hinge to the max 😂.

You reminded me of a roo I used to have years ago. He was a little silkie roo, and he used to walk all the way from the barn just to crow under my bedroom window. And he had the /shrillest/ crow ever. Think rusty door hinge to the max 😂.
Oh wow :lau I have 3 and mine like to crow all night and day and they have crow off every morning that’s super loud :lau :th mine are standards though. Well, one’s a bantam Cochin. He sounds like a squeaky toy or like someone is yelling and he’s gotten louder to compete with the standards LOL

I've been mulling over the last part ENDLESSLY 😭. Land here is incredibly, dirt cheap. I could literally get 40-50 acres for like 20k. But the problem is I'd never be able to keep up with it. And having a mobile home wouldn't be great in the event of a storm. But it's so cheap. It's the problem of 'do I want beautiful land but a tiny house' or 'do I want a beautiful house and no land' 😥. I want the land more then anything for the animals though...I don't even care if I lived in a box as long as I had the acreage.

Land may be cheap, but remember to budget for a house, fencing, water/sewer/electrical/internet, and anything else you need.

I've seen places where it was cheaper to buy something already built, and other places where it was cheaper to buy land and hire someone to build what you want, so I have no idea what would be a better deal in your area.

Location, location, location was what we looked for first (and in our price range). Certain distance or less to work. Livable house. As many acres as we could get. We're at the end of a dead end road, which is perfect. Yep, it's a "drive into town" to go shopping, so plan ahead.

Topography was less important, but we ended up with a lot of pluses. About half field, half woods, some hills, a river, a creek. Both sources of water are about 100 feet below the house level, so in our 100 year flood a few years ago, we were fine.

As far as HOA... I had to ask Google what it was. :gig

Back
Top Bottom