What do you guys think about these Duck eggs? Healthy or unhealthy?

I have no clue if their cords or just wires. Haha. I'll just get a hygrometer with good reviews.
This one looks okay, cheap, but reviews insist it's accurate. It's very similar to mine and I don't *think* you'll need batteries. There are others with better reviews but something simple like this should work and you may be able to calibrate (test) it.
Screenshot_20230324_213248_Chrome.jpg

@BelovedBirds Here is the egg I thought was dead. I checked it and it moved! it started rapidly moving! yesterday the veins and liquid were scattered and it just looked like a mess. Today it improved significantly. I didn't even do anything to the incubator. How weird. Egg #1's air cell is starting to dip slightly and the entire egg is filled except for a very small patch of veins. the others are just a little ahead of this egg.

Attachments

• IMG_0704.jpg
    IMG_0704.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 3
@BelovedBirds Here is the egg I thought was dead. I checked it and it moved! it started rapidly moving! yesterday the veins and liquid were scattered and it just looked like a mess. Today it improved significantly. I didn't even do anything to the incubator. How weird. Egg #1's air cell is starting to dip slightly and the entire egg is filled except for a very small patch of veins. the others are just a little ahead of this egg.

This one looks okay, cheap, but reviews insist it's accurate. It's very similar to mine and I don't *think* you'll need batteries. There are others with better reviews but something simple like this should work and you may be able to calibrate (test) it.
View attachment 3442633
Thanks! I will go on Walmart and order this. You have been a great amount of help.

View attachment 3442633
I just ordered it and it will be here this Wednesday. Unfortunately, it's a little late, but it will help future hatches. Thankyou lots!

I believe you, sometimes they do take sudden turns, very odd!
I can see a couple veins clearly too.

When candling, its best to candle from the air cell, btw. It will be somewhat clearer.
Could you candle egg 1 from the air cell? and get a photo? Just be careful to keep the egg in a lying down position, don't turn it over or upside down or anything
You may need to use a different light, like your phones torch, to do that.
Candle from the air cell
It would just be good to see a bit better, if you can. If the air cell is a good size you may be able to lock them down sooner than expected

Back
Top Bottom