What do you guys think about these Duck eggs? Healthy or unhealthy?

I believe you, sometimes they do take sudden turns, very odd!
I can see a couple veins clearly too.

When candling, its best to candle from the air cell, btw. It will be somewhat clearer.
Could you candle egg 1 from the air cell? and get a photo? Just be careful to keep the egg in a lying down position, don't turn it over or upside down or anything
You may need to use a different light, like your phones torch, to do that.
Candle from the air cell
It would just be good to see a bit better, if you can. If the air cell is a good size you may be able to lock them down sooner than expected
I'm sorry my notifications didn't tell me you responded. Ill take a photo tomorrow of the eggs' progress. After that I won't candle them anymore just in case they hatch in the next couple of days. Thanks for the tip on candling.

I believe you, sometimes they do take sudden turns, very odd!
I can see a couple veins clearly too.

When candling, its best to candle from the air cell, btw. It will be somewhat clearer.
Could you candle egg 1 from the air cell? and get a photo? Just be careful to keep the egg in a lying down position, don't turn it over or upside down or anything
You may need to use a different light, like your phones torch, to do that.
Candle from the air cell
It would just be good to see a bit better, if you can. If the air cell is a good size you may be able to lock them down sooner than expected
Well, today I put the eggs on lockdown. I have chicken eggs in there with them and they are due to hatch within 3 or 4 days. When I candle them, you can absolutely see nothing but the air cell. One of the duck eggs I'm sure will probably hatch sometime this week with the chicks. The other 3 duck eggs are still a little behind. Hopefully not turning them for the rest of the time is okay.

Well, today I put the eggs on lockdown. I have chicken eggs in there with them and they are due to hatch within 3 or 4 days. When I candle them, you can absolutely see nothing but the air cell. One of the duck eggs I'm sure will probably hatch sometime this week with the chicks. The other 3 duck eggs are still a little behind. Hopefully not turning them for the rest of the time is okay.
Thats good! Fingers crossed they hatch soon.
They're fine not being turned anymore- Don't worry. That's really just an important thing for the first couple weeks, once the babies are moving about in the egg, they're generally okay. So even if they're behind in development, they should be fine.

Thats good! Fingers crossed they hatch soon.
They're fine not being turned anymore- Don't worry. That's really just an important thing for the first couple weeks, once the babies are moving about in the egg, they're generally okay. So even if they're behind in development, they should be fine.
Alright! Hoping all goes well.

One of the duck eggs is currently trying to hatch. Almost all the chickens have hatched. I am concerned though. One of the chicks has splayed legs and I dont know what to do

Well, I'm sad and happy to report that only one out of four of the duck eggs made it, and only 3 out of the 6 chicken eggs hatched. I had to run and buy some siblings for the lonely duck that hatched so it could socialize. It follows me everywhere so I'm sure it may have imprinted on me. The chicks however imprinted on each other and don't really mind me. The reason for the sudden death in the rest of the eggs could have been because of the incubator's cleanliness. When the three chicks hatched, they began pooping in the incubator water tray and making things really stinky. I really wanted to clean it but didn't want to risk shrink-wrapping the other eggs that may have been trying to hatch. After the three chicks dried, I put them in a brooder and immediately closed the incubator lid. Then one of the duck eggs hatched, and I got it out quickly after it had dried as well. I waited for the other eggs to hatch and after a couple more days, I took them out to candle them and they weren't moving. I cracked open the eggs and they were all dead. The chicks had developed but had never hatched. The duck eggs were somewhat developed but had died before hatching. I cleaned out the filthy incubator and put 8 new chicken eggs in it. So far all of them are developing smoothly. Thank you so much @BelovedBirds for the help. I may have had more die if it wasn't for you. I'm very happy with the hatch I had.

Back
Top Bottom