What do you have in the incubator right now??

White leghorns, barred rocks, and silkies. Hatch should start May 3, 2008 on the leghorns, barred rocks. May 20th on the silkies.
smile.png

We just candled the eggs in the 1st bator- WE're so eggcited!

Out of 19 duck eggs (my own) 19 are big, growing and moving!
Out of 7 April Swap eggs, 5 are growing and moving-2 were clear and I took them out.
Out of 3 EE eggs (my own) 3 are growing and moving.
Out of 9 Partridge and 3 Splash Silkies and Showgirls (from therealsilkielovr) 11 are dancing around in there. The 1 was clear and its out of the bator now and tossed. (I checked it-it really was just an egg inside)

The 2nd bator is tougher-they are a week younger, and the SPeckled Sussex eggs are very porous. Its hard to tell, but they look like veins are in there....I have 13 Silver Phoenix eggs and 11 look great. 1 looked clear and 1 looked like a blood ring, but I'll leave them in til next week and see then. 3 Cream Brabanter eggs all look good. 2 Rouen duck eggs look good too. They came from Ebay (and a fellow BYC member.) I can't wait for them-they are new breeds for me! The other ones are newer still and unmarked, from a BYC trader, and they came late, so its too early to see anything in them. Hopefully, when it comes time to stop turning the first bunch, I'll have room in the first bator to put them to hatch or these other 18 to keep turning and incubating...

But we are so happy to have so many viable ones, visibly moving and changing from week to week! Now the hardest week is upon us. And I know we'll have to just leave them alone and not touch the bator!
Lisa and DD -doing the happy dance-
yippiechickie.gif

USPS Eggs
barnie.gif

2 - Royal Palms - 2 days past due

2 - Silver Sebrights - 1 hatched, 1 - waiting for pip

4 - Gold Sebrights - waiting for pip

12 Gold Sebrights that USPS trucked around for 2 WEEKS !!!!
barnie.gif
barnie.gif
barnie.gif
barnie.gif

(just set)

Plus.....

4 - Mutts from my flock - day 10 and dancing up a storm
lol.png

fl.gif

Last edited:
Oh gosh Jenn, I used to have a dog named Funny Face. I can't remember how old I was when he died....but he went everywhere with me and always watched over me. I can remember one day he caught this huge water moccasin and he slung it so hard that this gigantic frog flew out of it! Gosh, what a memory!
hu.gif

Quote:

I have:

Day 16:

2 Black Giants
3 mystery eggs...I am not holding my breath for these, because of 18 eggs these are all that are left. USPS scrambled most of them, and some of these have dried egg white/yolk smeared on them that I couldnt rinse off before incubating. They are too dark for me to see inside, but I THINK that at least one of the BG are doing something in there. I need one baby to put in with my lone Serama chick.

Day 10:

6 Mystery replacement eggs. Started out with 10, down to these that I cant see through the dark shells. One egg is white, and it has a dancing baby in it.

Day 1:

12 Easter eggers
16 Silkies

And Monday, FloridaChick is sending me Australorps.
smile.png

tnt, I am so glad I was able to bring back some good memories for you. I have so many funny looking animals running around this far it only seemed fit to call it funnyfaces farms. We have now added alpacas and they are pretty funny looking too. Jenn

I saw this thread last night and it inspired me to go check my notebook. Are you ready for this?

In the TurnX - 16 Turkey eggs
In Sortsman #1 - 125 duck eggs, 18 turkey, and 40 quail
In Sortsman #2 - 104 chicken eggs, 18 duck and, 7 goose
In Sportsman #3 - 96 chicken eggs, 12 duck, and 85 turkey
In the Sportsman hatcher - 129 chicken, 75 duck, 6 goose, and 1 turkey

Thank goodness for my support group, Hatch-A-Holics on yahoo. Otherwise I might think I have a problem.

9 sumatra eggs are in the bator (you have no idea how long I've waited for these eggs). All fertile.

7 or so mutt eggs under a broody. All growing.

Day 5 for the sumatras.

I wasn't keeping track of the number of days the broody sat.

Back
Top Bottom