What do you make of these

mortie

Songster
7 Years
Feb 16, 2014
The Frozen Tundra
I have posted pictures of my reds before and I am going to do it again here as soon as I can get someone to help me but here are a couple of pictures I took of my red chicks yesterday. Any insight to breed (they could be a cross) or sex?

They are 7 weeks old.

The only difference I can really pick out is their tails. The blurry chicken in the foreground on the right has one type of tail, which is short and curly. I'll get a good picture this weekend. The red chick in the background is not in question, just the one in the foreground and you can only see it's butt.

This chick has the other type of tail. Straight and long.

Any guesses on any of those? Their faces all look the same to me...only difference I can pick out are their tails shapes.

I'm not 100% sure, but they all look like hens to me!
D.gif

The first one has me a little worried, but so far they all look like pullets. They might be production reds and your blue one might be an Andalusian. If the earlobes are white, then I'd say yes to an Andalusian

The blue ones are ameracaunas. The red/white ones I'm pretty sure are second generation RSLs (product of a RSL x RSL). The ones that are just red are the ones that confuse me. I was guessing production reds. I just can't tell any differences in them besides the shape of their tails. Their combs all look exacly the same. Yellow with maybe a tinge of pink. The pea comb birds I have and the male RSLs all have really red combs by now. I would think these are pullets but i hatched 5 of them, what are the odds ALL of them were girls? Seems shady to me.

Back
Top Bottom