what do you think about aflac?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by sdshoars, Nov 19, 2008.

1. sdshoars

sdshoars Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2008
    Texas
    they are at my work right now, and i dunno what to think. they said that they will cover hospital co-pays and pay your for short term disability when you have a baby, which i would like to do in 4-5 years. everything sounds wonderful, but i was wondering if anyone else had an opinion on it?

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Well we thought enough o fit to pay for it at work. It covers your income up to a certain amount if disabled for any reason.

3. smom1976

smom1976 too many projects too little time!

May 2, 2008
    Pensacola, FL
    right after my DH got rid of it he got into an accident.. it was good for us and I am still wondering why he got rid of it. [​IMG]

4. HennysMom

HennysMom Keeper of the Tiara

If you can get it - do it. If you have ANY medical conditions currently however, be prepared for a turn down though [​IMG] Their list of "pre-existing conditions" is pretty extensive and it doesnt have to be life-threatening ones either...

Hubby has fibromyalgia and GERD - they turned him down flat even though he's working 40+ hours a week and has been for years and has had fibro for 10+ years.

5. k0xxx

k0xxx Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    North Central Arkansas
    Nice duck.

6. sdshoars

sdshoars Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2008
    Texas
    i dont have any pree-existing conditions at all. will they turn me down due to family history? my grandma and mom died of ovarian cancer, my sister is 30 and has had it twice (thank God i have been lucky, i have always had clean paps)... who knows? i think it sounds good.

7. mtnhomechick

mtnhomechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2008
    Mountain Home, AR
    How expensive it it?

8. arllcountrygirl

arllcountrygirl lavender nutt

They have helped us out quite a bit. Several years ago I got bitten by a brown recluse spider and almost lost my arm over it. They only paid out 130 dollars at the time. Then last year at work Aflac came in wanting to sign us up, well I told them that I only got 130 for something that put me in the hospital for several days. The guy said I should have gotten more, so I got all paperwork together and within a couple of weeks he personally hand delivered a 2,000 dollar check to me. [​IMG]
    I couldn't believe it, after all it had been almost 2 years.

When hubby broke hand, we had a check within a week.

So yea I would say that it is a good thing to have.

9. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:My fiances pays $21 a month...

10. Sedanman

Sedanman New Egg

Nov 19, 2008
    Many Police Officers buy it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by