what do you think about sand hills orpingtons?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by bb livestock, Jan 29, 2013.

1. bb livestock

bb livestock Out Of The Brooder

Jan 14, 2013
    lacona iowa
    I was wondering what you thought about sand hills orpingtons. Do they breed torwards the standard? I need some orpingtons for
    4-H. I am looking for Blue, Black, Buff, and White. I will be showing at the county fair maybe the state fair. Our county fair has about
    15 - 20 orpingtons every year. This year they were all Buff except for a Black orpington pullet.

2. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    They do not guarantee to be show quality. If you only want the best, go into the Orpington links and you can find a local breeder in your state. I know of one gal she can get you in the right direction. She is the secretary of the Welsummer Club and you can contact her since she does a lot of showing.

3. FlashPointFarm

FlashPointFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2009
    Iowa
    What county are you in? I may have some show breeder contacts for you, depending on where you are. I do have some Buff Orps that have cleaned house at county and IA State Fair shows, but in the open classes, I got my arse handed to me. :) If you'd like to pm me, I can give you my phone number and we can talk about contacts for you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by