What do you think about the way America is raising our food today???

Status
Not open for further replies.
A farmer or rancher who doesn't care for and do the best for their livestock is not going to be in business very long.

While I agree with this, I disagree with this...

THERE ARE NO FACTORY FARMS

I consider a CAFO to be a factory farm. I consider chickens raised in a large warehouse with no natural light and access to grass/greens as raised in a factory farm.

I also consider people who think that meat spontaneously generates on a styrofoam tray in a supermarket display case to be complete morons.
big_smile.png

So for those who did not like Food, Inc., which part did you find to be the most inaccurate?​

Last edited:
Ok, so while on the topic of my meat...
how does one go about finding a place to get local meat/poultry?

I wasn't raised raising my own meat (ok, pigs when I was 5, but nobody told me they were not pets, so when they were no longer in our back yard and our freezer was full of pork, I quickly figured out where pork came from and didn't eat it for quite some time - they were PETS to me!), so I have no desire to raise my own meat now.
I'd be happy to pay, a reasonable amount, to have somebody else do it and hand over my packaged meat.

I hear lots of people talk about 1/4 or 1/2 a cow. We don't eat that much beef. We eat chicken. Lots of chicken.
How do I find happy healthy chicken locally? Short of the ones that run into the road around here...
And if I only want boneless/skinless breasts and maybe the necks for the dogs... how do I get that specific and not end up with a bird to finish cutting and deboning myself?
Or is a full bird my only option and the dogs now start eating some necks, wings, thighs and the meat from the legs?

"I also consider people who think that meat spontaneously generates on a styrofoam tray in a supermarket display case to be complete morons."

I consider people who think that people who think that meat spontaneously generates on styrofoam trays are condescending.

That whole "styrofoam tray" thing is such a load of rhetoric, 'Zilla. I'm surprised you, of all people, are repeating it.
No one outside of kindergarten suffers from delusions about where meat comes from - they just trust it's all good, or they ignore the issue in the interests of eating.

Please see the rules

Especially
2. No discussions about animal rights organizations or Cock fighting

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom