What do you think about this coup?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by 70monte, Jun 20, 2009.

1. 70monte

70monte Songster

Jun 5, 2009
    Aurora, MO
  2. georgialee

georgialee Songster

Apr 9, 2009
    Knoxville, TN
    It looks great! You could fit 6 standards in there. It's cute, too!

eta: if you were so inclined you could build something the same size for MUCH MUCH less. Many builders/construction sites have excess lumber - you only have to ask. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 20, 2009
  3. Kansaseq

Kansaseq Prairie Wolf Farm Asylum

Feb 12, 2009
    NE Kansas
    It looks really nice. If you are at all handy, you could probably build something for a bit less, with a bigger run. If you are not handy, then it is probably a good deal. It looks very sturdy.

4. dixygirl

dixygirl Songster

May 14, 2008
    How could you possibly lift that and carry it ? Maybe 8 men to lift it onto a trailor? fork lift?
    It looks great though

5. 70monte

70monte Songster

Jun 5, 2009
    Aurora, MO
    The guy said that he can move it around though it is a bit heavy. I have a flatbed trailer with a dovetail but I'm not sure if we could lift it on it or not. The guy said he could probably borrow his neighbor's tractor and we have a tractor here to unload it. He hasn't returned my last phone call so I may not get to look at it tomorrow. I do like how it looks though.

Wayne

6. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

Like it was said above, if you are handy you could make your own. But pre-made at that size, it's a pretty good price

7. mikecnorthwest

mikecnorthwest Songster

Mar 27, 2009
    Vancouver, WA
    My Coop
    Way too much money in my opinion. If you like it, I wouldn't offer any more than $250 if even that. You can certainly build something much nicer for under $500 but of course it all depends on your individual situation.

8. scarter

scarter Songster

Aug 22, 2008
    Roberts, WI
    It looks very nice although you might need to add some ventilation. I only saw that little window. It is a steep price but sometimes you have to pay for convenience. Time is money.

9. Scott

Scott Ozark Bantams

Apr 11, 2007
    Southeast Missouri
    It's nice, but a bit steep price-wise. You could built a similar sized one new for about the same price or less I'd imagine. Then again, that one is already built.

10. sianara

sianara Songster

Apr 27, 2007
    Central MA
    Too much money for what you're getting. There's less than $100 in supplies and it's not so complicated that it should have taken $400 in labor. I wouldn't pay more than $100 (at the most) for it JMHO.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: