What do you think is a fair price for my Call ducks?

Picklestix7866

Songster
10 Years
Feb 20, 2009
Thawing Minnesota
Hi! I just got done with the county fair and now I'm looking to sell my Call ducks that I raised this year. I would love to keep and try to breed them but I am leaving for college and am being forced to cut down on my animals. I have 11 grey Call ducks from Ewerts Waterfowl. They got 6th overall out of all the birds at the fair. The judge said they looked very nice. They were hatched in April of this year. I'm in MN. It looks like I have about 8 drakes and 3 hens.

What should I ask for them? I was thinking $15 bucks a piece. Does that sound fair? I'm not sure... I don't want to get ripped off and I need the money for college.

Last edited:
I guess it depends on what they're going for in your neck of the woods.
Why not ask around? Maybe find out what hatcheries charge for adults.

My first 2 ducks were free, since the guy was culling drakes anyway and was happy not to have to kill them.
Then my pair, from the same person, was $20.
Later I got a lovely fawn for $15.
My next 4 were $10 each.
All are runners.

It depends on how common Grey Calls are in your area. I too got my first three ducks (three females - the foundation of my laying flock) for free (actually, I traded a loaf of Pumpkin Bread and a batch of Almond Cookies for them
smile.png
)

Also, you can probably get more for the females than the males. $15 sounds perfectly fair to me though.

Back
Top Bottom