What do you think of Tractor Supply’s new chick bins?

Pics
I think you are lucky to have found the one-level units in the store! Apparently they were in very limited supply, and only in random stores.
My store had 2 (I got both of them in separate days) and I was able to order 1 by online catalog the day or two before they pulled them from the offerings. Very lucky.

I call them “chick and duck towers”.
I noticed as well they took the huge pans in cages away, and replaced them with these towers.
My local TS here in NC sell chickens, ducks, and turkeys in them.
Uhhhhm, they seemed pretty clean and doable, at least until someone comes along to give them a new home.

I stocked up on the chickens and ducks last time I was there: four ducks and 8 chickens. Lol, it’s hard to not get a few—knowing they need a good home.
Be well,
Ducklingguy 🦆

It really doesn't make any difference. They've removed them and gone back to the stock tanks. Too many customer objections according to the employees here.
Same, which us just a shame because now there are fewer birds here and back to basic varieties (CX, leghorns, Australorps, sapphire gems and just one batch of bantams since their removal)

Our local TSC went back to the stock tanks with heat lamps. The brooder plates were set too high and the chicks were dying. I talked to the manager of my local store and he said there wasn't a way to adjust the heat plates down. It's a shame because they were able to keep more breeds. Hopefully they fix that heat plate flaw and try again next year, but I think too many people complained.

Back
Top Bottom