What do you think?

She probably doesn't have any chantecler in her because of her single comb. I definitely think there could be some leghorn in her because of her comb, color, and laying ability, but not sure what else. A red breed of some kind. Her greenish legs are strange, I have no idea what could give her those.
She's my smallest adult bird, with by far the biggest comb :) Not sure about her legs either!

She looks just like my two EEs I used to have. Except her comb is different. But with EEs, there is no standard. She's pretty! And EEs can have green legs, both mine did
IMG_20200722_200129534.jpg

Random local farm with hundreds of mixed birds 🤣🙈 I *think* she might've said something about chantecler somewhere? 🤔
My first thought was Amberlink. But if she came from a farm I doubt it's that. If she came from a place with hundreds of mixed birds she's probably a mix of mixes. Probably just a barnyard mix.

My first thought was Amberlink. But if she came from a farm I doubt it's that. If she came from a place with hundreds of mixed birds she's probably a mix of mixes. Probably just a barnyard mix.
She definitely did have a bunch of breeding pens and programs going on, but also a ton of loose birds, so really miss Slush could be anything :) I'm totally okay with that - just thought it would be interesting to see if she stood out as anything :). I'm super impressed with her laying, considering our short days.

Last edited:
She definitely did have a bunch of breeding pens and programs going on, but also a ton of lose birds, so really miss Slush could be anything :) I'm totally okay with that - just thought it would be interesting to see if she stood out as anything :). I'm super impressed with her laying, considering our short days.
Ah okay, do you know what breeds she was breeding?

Ah okay, do you know what breeds she was breeding?
I don't 🙈. It was nearly two years ago... Which is mind boggling to me, and I just realized that I called it "last March" when I was referring to March of 2019!! I just got three random POL birds from her in exchange for some of my excess roosters... I should've asked more questions :)

Back
Top Bottom