What do you think

Discussion in 'Quail' started by thekid, May 23, 2011.

1. thekid

thekid Chillin' With My Peeps

I am thinking about getting these color coturnix [​IMG] all little bit of a mix

FEMALES:
    English White
    Jumbo Brown
    Golden Speckled Italian
    Golden Manchurian
    Fawn
    Tibetan
    Rosetta
    Red
    Pharaoh
    Texas A and M
    Cinnamon
    Scarlett
    and about 4 throw off colors

MALES:
    Red Tuxedo
    Tibetan Tuxedo
    Rosetta Tuxedo
    Regular Tuxedo

Last edited: Jun 11, 2011
  2. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    And what is the question? You can do whatever you want with your birds [​IMG]

3. Mibotsu

Mibotsu Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2011
    Balbriggan, Ireland
    what are your plans with the birds, just for show, or breeding?

4. MobyQuail

MobyQuail c. giganticus

Sep 10, 2010
    Quailtropolis
    Quote:hey, go for it Kid!, I had a hard time deciding, your way leaves your options open. but holy sam heck, are you gonna have pens for each kind?
    I personally, like the adage "quality over quantity", and think attention to details is hard enough with one strain or breed of any animal.
    I think the lifecycle of the Coturnix japonica makes it easy to see the fruits or melons of your labors. kind of makes us all mad Quail scientists in a way.
    I am on my way, as you are.
    I plan on hatching off as many coturnix del blanco as I can handle, and selecting for what "we" here like at different stages of their growth.
    and then, "I" desire a Coturnix that feathers quickly, is almost pure white in color, is larger than 10 oz live weight at ~10 wks, lays nice size eggs (~15 grams) and is pleasing to "my" eye.
    I don't plan on selling eggs or birds, we will eat what we win or lose along the way.

best of luck, your humble brother on the path, TD

5. thekid

lol the question is what do you think about the colors haha and i will be keeping them for eggs and to show off to my friends lol

6. Mibotsu

Mibotsu Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2011
    Balbriggan, Ireland
    looks like a rainbow of colors you got there, will definitely wow people

7. thekid

Quote:That is like the whole reason I picked those out to get a assornment of colors [​IMG]

8. gamebirdboy

gamebirdboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    East Tennessee
    I have colors mixed everywhere from breeding projects that went wrong and I didn't have time for... I'm about to start building an 8x4 cage with two sections. Then I'll be able to finish separating.

9. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:Tibetan and dark Tibetan are the same thing. I think red and scarlet are too, I've not seen any that looked different.

10. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    THere is Red Range, scarlett (which like Shelley said is Red....the rosetta version in red), and Tibetan is Dark Range.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by