and about 4 throw off colors

MALES:
Red Tuxedo
Tibetan Tuxedo
Rosetta Tuxedo
Regular Tuxedo

Last edited:
Quote:
hey, go for it Kid!, I had a hard time deciding, your way leaves your options open. but holy sam heck, are you gonna have pens for each kind?
I personally, like the adage "quality over quantity", and think attention to details is hard enough with one strain or breed of any animal.
I think the lifecycle of the Coturnix japonica makes it easy to see the fruits or melons of your labors. kind of makes us all mad Quail scientists in a way.
I am on my way, as you are.
I plan on hatching off as many coturnix del blanco as I can handle, and selecting for what "we" here like at different stages of their growth.
and then, "I" desire a Coturnix that feathers quickly, is almost pure white in color, is larger than 10 oz live weight at ~10 wks, lays nice size eggs (~15 grams) and is pleasing to "my" eye.
I don't plan on selling eggs or birds, we will eat what we win or lose along the way.

best of luck, your humble brother on the path, TD

I have colors mixed everywhere from breeding projects that went wrong and I didn't have time for... I'm about to start building an 8x4 cage with two sections. Then I'll be able to finish separating.

Back
Top Bottom