What do you use for outdoor feeders?

I use these http://www.tractorsupply.com/double-tuf-trade-hookover-goat-trough-9-qt-black-2221814 they are awesome and with having 25 chickens/ 13 ducks and 2 geese I have 3 set up under feeder houses we built to keep them out of the weather. They are over a year old and still look great .

I never seen anything like that, it's neat though! I did see a cool hog feeder that i thought would work the other day
lau.gif

We use a big beach umbrella my mum had for who-knows-what-reason, stored in her garage. It isn't fancy, but it was free-to-us, covers two bowls for feed and one of shell, and its color brings a smile to my face.
big_smile.png

We are adding these to the property. Idea thanks to MrsMagoo here on BYC

I use these for my chickens in their coop and a wooden trough inside my duck hutches that we had built many years ago for the sheep. The wooden troughs stand up on thier own but I screwed them to the walls. I also use dog food hoopers inside thier hutches too.

Those are good in a coop, but offer no weather protection. They also work better for chicken than ducks with the divided opening.
well we have a completely covered run, the best money can buy so no problems with weather, and in the winter, we completzly cover our run so not a drop of rain, or snow ever could blow in. I have used these feeders for my chickens and never had a problem, we hang them and the waterers.

I use old cake pans. (I used to own a cake shop) Our ducks all have a building for nighly lock up for security. I feed inside the buildings to prevent rain from soaking our food. Ditto the chickens and geese (but I have a lot more ducks than anything).

Back
Top Bottom