What do you use on the floor of your coop?

* I use a piece of roll roofing shingle stuff-- It has embedded gravel for good hen foot traction & I just drag it out and hose it--- or if I'm too lazy or worn out for that I keep a couple extras to exchange til I have some energy. . . .

Definitely shavings. You can find it free in a lot of places, saw mills, etc.

Cedar can be toxic to small animals including chickens.

We covered the floor in our playhouse coop with a linoleum remnant (for easy cleaning) and then added pine shavings for the litter.

47b7d738b3127ccebce9b31ea42f00000036100FYtm7ho2Y-

47b7cf01b3127cceb0aba9b047fc00000026100FYtm7ho2Y-

Hope this helps!

Dawn

Quote:
Me to!!! The linoleum protects the wood and makes it so easy to clean. I also use pine shavings, but one of chickens (Psycho) has a habit of scratching the straw out of the nest boxes, so I usually end up with a combo of pine shavings & straw before time to clean it out.

Smitty's Farm :

Me to!!! The linoleum protects the wood and makes it so easy to clean. I also use pine shavings, but one of chickens (Psycho) has a habit of scratching the straw out of the nest boxes, so I usually end up with a combo of pine shavings & straw before time to clean it out.

Smitty,

Our girls love to dust bathe in the coop litter so we end up with shavings in the nest boxes. I tell everyone that they decided I didn't do a good job with their hay and they do it to pad the eggs better. The looks on their faces is worth it!
lau.gif

Dawn​

Back
Top Bottom