What do you use VetRX for?

CESOrtega

Songster
10 Years
Aug 28, 2009
I was wondering what the usage of this product was and where most people get it. Is it prescription only? How about Rooster Booster?

I have a hen who is fighting some kind of bronchial issue...has lots of congestion in her chest and is sneezing but no real drainage or other problems. I've had her isolated and been giving her duramycin and aspirin. She seems to be getting a tad better but I was wondering if this VetRx or Rooster Booster might be an extra booster for her.

VetRx is like Vaporub (sp?) for chickens. I use it for anything that seems to have even the slightest sniffles. I even use it on my foster kittens
smile.png
It really seems to help them with breathing - cats and chickens!! Can't recommend it enough.

It's not prescription, you can buy it from Jeffers.

Can't speak for Rooster Booster, never used it.

Rooster Booster is a product line, not one product. Which product are you talking about? I don't use VetRx for anything other than adding a drop or two in something to try to stop picking on the roosters' combs or to put on their legs. It is oil of this and oil of that and Camphor.

For Rooster Booster I was looking at the Poultry Cell. It seems to boost immunity. It seems like a couple of my girls right now have congestion and sneezing. It came about after our last rain/snow spell and cold weather. I was looking for something to help them get over what has them down right now as well as help them boost immunity in the future.

Thanks for the info, mylittlezoo. She definitely has the sniffles so I bet that would do her some good.

VetRX is my absolute favorite product for all my critters! Anytime there is a sign of a sneeze or cough... I give them some. I have three bottles on hand at all times. Showmen even use it to shine up chickens combs and waddles and beaks.

AND it 100% all natural!!!

To answer your question, though... you can get it just about everywhere poultry items are sold. It will be a 3" tall brown bottle with white writting and white cap. You can also buy it online, if you prefer. My favorite med shop is First State Vet Supply followed by Jeffers Livestock. First State is just more chicken oriented.

Quote:
VetRX would clear that up before the end of the week. Try it... and keep some on hand. Never tried rooster booster brand... just doesn't appeal to me.

I ordered some VetRx for her. Looking forward to giving her some relief. Thanks for the advice!

I know this is an old thread but I got some VetRX in a swap but other than preventing and healing colds I saw that it can be used for scaley leg. What I would like to know is how it's applied. Does it go right on the leg or is it given in water or orally? I really have no clue on this product but it sounds like I got my hands on something useful. I've got a tote full of medicines and vitamins and such that I know what to use them for. I need to get educated on this one so I know what to use it for. It seems the past couple of winters I've had birds get colds so I had to get my own "Pharmacy" for birds. lol

Any info would be appreciated

I just bought some VetRx and in reading the instructions it says you can give it to them orally. I would like to know how you all give it to them. I have a sick chicken and she's on antibiotics as of today, but I read this would help her also. But how do I give it to her? She's had a rasping noise and sneezing and labored breathing. She is better today though. Not as noisy and not opening her beak to breath as much. She does sound a little more congested though. Do I just give it to her orally? Or put it under her wings? Thankyou for your help!

I discovered a hen yesterday that is just starting to be sick. She sounds just slightly weezy and I heard her sneeze a few times. She isn't raspy or rattling when she breathes nor does she open her mouth to breath so I feel I caught it soon enough. She always comes right to me when I go in their run and she just stood by herself. I know her and a hen that has chicks that I just put back in the pen was having issues and first thought she may have gotten her but kicked but that wasn't the case. Maybe Elvis knew she was sick and wanted her away from her babies. IDK but if I hadn't picked her up and heard her slight weeze I wouldn't know she was getting sick. Thank goodness I caught it early.

She is what I call my naked hen and it's getting cooler at night. I bet the night air is what gave her the cold. Looks like it's time to make her inside pen already.

Back
Top Bottom