What do you wear on your feet in your coop area?

I always wear my cowboy boots, but I wear them pretty much anywhere and everywhere (unless it's something where they would be totally inappropriate) no matter how dirty, dusty, or worn they look. They're just too comfortable! If it's muddy or snowy I wear my Northerner muck boots. I have a little "boot scraper" in front of the door. (For those that haven't seen them before, it looks like this:
but mine goes up and has a bar to hold on to. Just drag the bottom of your boot on it to get the muck off.) So I don't drag anything in the house. Then one of these handy things so I don't have to touch my boots either:

(Step on the back of the bug with one foot and put your heel between the "attenae" and it pulls your boots off. Mine actually looks EXACTLY like this.)

I hate wearing flip flops in the coop because my feet just get nasty. And again, there's nothing like some comfy cowboy boots. :)

i wear sneakers.. but when it is wet i wear rainboots . but who ever heard of barefeet in the coop in winter? they still poop in the snow ya know! LOL@.@ that bug thing is iteresting.. do you know where to buy them???

also can you go on homeschool only? i am terribly lonley!!!
caf.gif

I wear tennis shoes because if I don't cover my toes my girls go after them. I guess they look like fat little worms.

The bug one is vintage, but you could probably find them on Etsy or Ebay. Maybe around $20-30?

You can get them from Purina too I think. A lot of places sell them or use them as promotional products, but they're pretty simple, and I thought the bug was just really...odd, so I had to have it. :p
I remember that bug thing being in the foyer at my grandparent's house when I was a kid! I always loved him. Need to ask my grandmother what happened to him.

I also wear my cowboy boots just about everywhere/anywhere. When it calls for dressy I have clean and pretty cowboy boots. LOL.

Rain/mucky I wear my rainboots but put them on and take them off in the mudroom.

Thanks for all of your suggestions!!

Canesisters - I actually thought of bringing a pair of boots to a shoe repair shop and having them add smooth soles. But I like your idea better!!! And it would be much cheaper.

Nova022 - that was hysterical! I know they peck at everything. I have boots with flowers on them and they peck those. They pecked my toenails once in a while.

Now I don't want you guys to think I'm slopping around in chicken poop wearing flip flops! I only have 3 hens and a rooster (Ha I say only - we all know how much they poop!!)
But it looks like a lot of you live on farms - my chicken area is just 16' x 16' fenced in. But maybe I'll get a rubbermaid bucket to store them in so I can carry it in and out of the porch.

I have rainboots mind you my coop is elevated so I never have to walk in it, only if i choose too lol your right though, the rainboots are heavy treaded and tromp a nice mess into my hall but i have to wear them throughout, the duck barn/pen and chicken pen and the horses so honestly, less of a sole would have be doing a faceplant
lol.png
I leave the rainboots on the porch. Slip them on on the way down to the coop and then slip them off before I go back into the house

I have a few designated pairs of flip flops I wore inside the coop area in the summer. They are great because the bottoms are flat so I just drag my feet through the yard and they are clean by the time I reach the porch. Well, it has gotten colder and I switched to rain boots, and let me tell you how messy they are! So much gets packed into the bottom that I can't get it all out. They are great to slip on when I'm in my good clothes.

Has anyone heard of "coop boots" - something with a flat bottom on them? I think I will have to invent them if they are not out ther anywhere. What do you wear??
flat bottom shoes eh? hope were not this person in wallmart a while back- http://sadpanda.us/images/1223785-1FRXSWG.jpg
then again they woud be pretty awesome as coop shoes given their ability to soak up any unsightly stains quickly though for some reason all the adverts for em seem to think it comes out blue. :p
-sorry...saw that pic on friendsofwallmart along time ago and saved it.
she has the right idea,those things are very absorbant,if ended up with cuts on feet from the chucks that doesnt matter.... just give the top of the affected foot a quick wipe with the other 'shoe' and it will absorb the blood in no time,for extra protection coud stick one on the top of the foot as well. :p

mine range from bare feet due to making a break for freedom out the door to see the chickens after being kept stuck indoors all day,to big mountain horse yard boots.

there is a special shoe/boot cleaner available if look in rider/countrywear/farmer shops.
this is the sort of cleaner- http://www.robinsonsequestrian.com/boot-cleaner-scraper-brushes-black.html
we have a much larger version of that drilled to the wall at our farm project with a pressure sensitive tap on it so people just have to put their shoe on it and the tap comes on,itd be worth getting a basic one of those then woud be able to wear any type of boot/shoe that want.

Back
Top Bottom