What do you wear on your feet in your coop area?

PeepsAreForMe

Songster
7 Years
Apr 10, 2012
Pemberton Borough, NJ
I have a few designated pairs of flip flops I wore inside the coop area in the summer. They are great because the bottoms are flat so I just drag my feet through the yard and they are clean by the time I reach the porch. Well, it has gotten colder and I switched to rain boots, and let me tell you how messy they are! So much gets packed into the bottom that I can't get it all out. They are great to slip on when I'm in my good clothes.

Has anyone heard of "coop boots" - something with a flat bottom on them? I think I will have to invent them if they are not out ther anywhere. What do you wear??

I have a few designated pairs of flip flops I wore inside the coop area in the summer. They are great because the bottoms are flat so I just drag my feet through the yard and they are clean by the time I reach the porch. Well, it has gotten colder and I switched to rain boots, and let me tell you how messy they are! So much gets packed into the bottom that I can't get it all out. They are great to slip on when I'm in my good clothes.

Has anyone heard of "coop boots" - something with a flat bottom on them? I think I will have to invent them if they are not out ther anywhere. What do you wear??

old sandals when it's dry
garden clogs when it's wet
barefoot when it's snowing

Try googling smooth sole boots. Lots of hits.

Imp- invent poop repellant shoes, now there's an idea.

I have rainboots mind you my coop is elevated so I never have to walk in it, only if i choose too lol your right though, the rainboots are heavy treaded and tromp a nice mess into my hall but i have to wear them throughout, the duck barn/pen and chicken pen and the horses so honestly, less of a sole would have be doing a faceplant
lol.png

Last edited:
I have rain boots I wear whenever it's muddy/mucky out, coop or donkey. They do get mud in the treads, but seeing as they are rain boots I just rinse them with the hose when I'm done. I do not wear any of the coop shoes into the house-I have a used child's little tyke playhouse (was to be a coop) right on the patio by the door, I just leave them there. You could get a rubbermaid box to do the same thing inside.

you could always superglue the old flip-flops to the bottoms of your boots.....

Brilliant! Absolutely brilliant. My guess is that you read pinterest! bahahha!!!

I don't mind the mud/poop sticking in the boots if it keeps me from slipping in said mud/poop and wearing it on my backside instead. Just sayin'.

I tried treadless shoes in the mud, and landing on the backside really hurts!! Not to mention that my whole backside was wet and muddy!!! My favorites are my timberland hiking boots, I only wear them doing chores when I need serious traction, it can be a little harder to rinse them clean--I use a brush to scrape everything out. My husband wears his wellies (rubber rainboots), to work in the pasture this time of year--there can be all sorts of nasties in the puddles/mud, round worm to name one.

old sandals when it's dry
garden clogs when it's wet
barefoot when it's snowing

Try googling smooth sole boots. Lots of hits.

Imp- invent poop repellant shoes, now there's an idea.

Barefoot in the snow?! I have never actually seen snow lol so I have no idea what that is like. Super curious why barefoot is best in the snow?

I always wear my cowboy boots, but I wear them pretty much anywhere and everywhere (unless it's something where they would be totally inappropriate) no matter how dirty, dusty, or worn they look. They're just too comfortable! If it's muddy or snowy I wear my Northerner muck boots. I have a little "boot scraper" in front of the door. (For those that haven't seen them before, it looks like this:
but mine goes up and has a bar to hold on to. Just drag the bottom of your boot on it to get the muck off.) So I don't drag anything in the house. Then one of these handy things so I don't have to touch my boots either:

(Step on the back of the bug with one foot and put your heel between the "attenae" and it pulls your boots off. Mine actually looks EXACTLY like this.)

I hate wearing flip flops in the coop because my feet just get nasty. And again, there's nothing like some comfy cowboy boots. :)

Back
Top Bottom