What do you wear when you go out to feed your flock???

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by chickenmomma16, Feb 21, 2013.

1. chickenmomma16

chickenmomma16 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2012
    Buckley, Washington
    I'm talking about those crazy outfits that you have to look both ways before you step out your back door and make a mad dash to the coop to make sure no one sees you type of outfits.

I know we have all done it... ;)
    Go get your camera! Don't be bashful.

2. Quyen Le

Quyen Le Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2012
    I have a pair of shoes and a jacket just to get into my chicken pen. I also use boots if it's really wet.

3. KatieBugg

KatieBugg Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 21, 2010
    Holts Summit, MO
    My attire going to the coop in the morning leaves a little to be desired lol. I wear pink camo rubber boots, Angry Birds lounge pants and an old mossy oak camo jacket my hubby gave me, and I am always toting a rifle. It truly is a great thing that I have no neighbors or I know they would be calling the looney bin folks to come and get me!!! Hubby has threatened to take pics of me like this, but is always respectful of the rifle I am toting LMAO

4. 4 the Birds

4 the Birds Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2010
    Westfield, Indiana
    Now do you really want to see me in my chicken hat??[​IMG]

My coop is a few hundred feet from the house so there are no "mad dashes". I look like an eskimo in the Winter since I do a few hours of farm chores each day. A good pair of mucker boots is essential during the Winter other than that nothing out of the ordinary.

5. moetrout

moetrout Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2010
    Milan, MI
    I wear whatever is handy and carrry a pretty pink basket. Can you imagine me skipping to the coup?

6. missnu01

missnu01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 16, 2012
    Umm...usually my pajamas...If the neighbors don't like it they are welcome to not be snoopy looking over here at what I am doing.

7. countrygirl74

countrygirl74 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 19, 2012
    Northern Arizona
    [​IMG]

Sometimes I am in my p.j. pants, but this time of year I definitely have a "chicken" coat, gloves, and boots that I put on over whatever I'm wearing. It's too cold here not to be bundled up. I used to get dressed in my "chicken" jeans, but when I'm tired and they're hollering in the morning, it's the p.j.'s. There are some mornings that I don't care what the neighbors think...

8. MoreHens

MoreHens Out Of The Brooder

Oct 14, 2012
    Peidmont NC
    I definitely have my crazy chicken lady get-up, to deal with the chicken poo, dirty chicken feet and gooey chicken mouths. I have one Barred rock who jumps on my shoulder for first dibs in the treat bucket ( dirty feet), then she slings yogurt or cottage cheese around and wipes her beak on my hair and clothes. So I end up always wearing washable rubber boots that keep my feet dry, my "poopy jeans" and a red checkered, lined lumberjack shirt. The hard part is remembering to check my hair for smeary debris before going to work in the morning. I previously had some embarrassing incidents with poo-crusted shoes at work before I figured out the rubber boots, and one memorable day at work when I discovered an errant smear of chicken poop on the backside of my pants (from sitting on the coop stairs for some quality morning chicken time).

9. LaPetiteFarmer

LaPetiteFarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2012
    Vista, CA
    I really like wearing a long apron (cooking) it keep my clothes really clean.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
  10. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    I wear my grungy old coveralls I keep hanging by the basement door - I just slip in out of them and stay clean. Also, old muck boots.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by