what do you worm pheasants with?

cjexotic

Cj's Mandarin Ducks
11 Years
Mar 11, 2008
Central PA
I have a friend that just got into pheasants and they have no idea what to worm them with or how much to use. Could someone pass this info to me so I can pass it on. They have red golden and yellow golden pheasants ranging from 2 years old to this summers hatchlings. Thanks cj

I use safe guard for goats(panacure) 3 cc per gal. of water. 3 days then again 10 days later. then ivomec 30 days later (one treatment) 1 cc on the back(small # of birds) or 1 cc per gal of water. remove all other water. Rather treat each bird, but when someone has a large # the water will work, just mix a few times thru the day, as it will seperate.

Tony K T - Thank you.. He has 3 per pen.. so is it still 1cc per gallon for all three of them to drink from? Do you leave it in a day or so?

Yes,it's best to drain all water containers the day before and dry them out.When you pour in the wormer mix they will drink it quickly.Yes 1 day should do it.You could split the gallon between the pens if you need to.
In N.H.,tony.

I use the pour on (5%) 1cc for full grown peafowl .5cc for chicken size peafowl (4 months old) placed on the back/between the wings - make sure to part the feathers so the Ivomec is deposited directly on the skin.

Do not eat eggs for a minimum of 3 wks.

Back
Top Bottom