What do yous think

motherhen1988

In the Brooder
Apr 25, 2017
Forgive me. Im new to this. We have the first of out Chucks since last feb. About 2 months ago we tried incubating some eggs. Some grew but died. Im currently on day 18.ive candled these and not sure that to think. The first 2 i think.ibe seen veins but the black inside the egg is quite small in the third im nearly sure i seen movement. Do these look ok?

2gws4dy.jpg

16lin9k.jpg

IMG

Forgive me. Im new to this. We have the first of out Chucks since last feb. About 2 months ago we tried incubating some eggs. Some grew but died. Im currently on day 18.ive candled these and not sure that to think. The first 2 i think.ibe seen veins but the black inside the egg is quite small in the third im nearly sure i seen movement. Do these look ok?

Might be the light, but I would say they all are bad.

Edited---Relooking----yep they are bad.

How many eggs are you incubating? If you want to post some info about your incubator and how you are collecting, saving, setting, turning, temp, humidity, etc. I will be glad to offer advise as well as many other GOOD hatchers on here.

Can I be rude and ask how you know? What exactly should I be looking for because the last one I could have swore was moving I just want sure about the first 2

Can I be rude and ask how you know? What exactly should I be looking for because the last one I could have swore was moving I just want sure about the first 2
You said day 18-----it might be alive but from the looks of the egg----something is wrong. Don't chunk it yet---might be the lighting, But if you will look at a candling chart for day 18----it want look like this.

The first two----you can discard them.

34owpb6.png

This is the incubator im using. I started with 9 eggs collected and stored over a few days. At day 10 I discarded 6 they werent fertilised. Temp is set at 37.5c and humitidy set around 55.% it has an automatic egg turner

The first two look like quitters. At day 18 the majority of the egg under the air cell should be dark. Very little light should be passing through that part of the egg by this time. The third is hard to tell through the pics with that lighting, but if any of them had a chance, I'd say that one would be it. As long as they don't stink or leak, you can leave them in to be sure and give them till hatch time, but that's what I am seeing.
Here's a candling guide to help you: https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...ng-pics-progression-though-incubation.261876/

34owpb6.png

This is the incubator im using. I started with 9 eggs collected and stored over a few days. At day 10 I discarded 6 they werent fertilised. Temp is set at 37.5c and humitidy set around 55.% it has an automatic egg turner
Have you ever checked the accuracy of the thermometer/hygrometer? I highly recommend a lower humidity if you are not in a high elevation. I'm going to give you a link on humidity as well. http://letsraisechickens.weebly.com...anuals-understanding-and-controlling-humidity
The 48 egg incubator has a low humidity alarm set by default at either 40-45% I believe it is, and if you do run lower that will need to be reset to a lower range.

This incubator----being honest has a lot of negative reviews. I never owned one. Some say it has to be wrapped/kept in the Styrofoam to keep the heat up?? Again I do not know. Did you use another thermometer to check the built in ones-----some say they are off??

This incubator----being honest has a lot of negative reviews. I never owned one. Some say it has to be wrapped/kept in the Styrofoam to keep the heat up?? Again I do not know. Did you use another thermometer to check the built in ones-----some say they are off??

My nephew bought one of these. I wanted to slap him when my sister told me. They aren't the most reliable. Both their temp and humidity gage was off, it would not get up to temp at all. I've seen many people leave the bottom portion of the styrofoam around them to get them to hold temp. My sister had to put a heating pad under theirs to keep temp up because by then they'd thrown out the packaging. Not a bator I would ever recommend. They are basically a Janoels knock off. Often called Chinese knock offs.

Back
Top Bottom