What does chicken poop/ urine supposed to look like for healthy

Thanks for the site it just helped me!!!!
big_smile.png

So I started reading this thread because my little bantam Roo has been drinking more water than usual, he drinks out of a 5oz Vienna Sausage can and usually he drinks about half a can a day. We check his 'water bowl' twice a day to make sure its clean and full. I filled his water dish around noon yesterday (july 6th) this morning my boyfriend filled the water bowl saying our roo was hotter than normal and that his water bowl was empty, about a half hour ago I filled the water bowl again and made sure he was in the normal temp range. The bowl wasn't bone dry, there was a bout a quarter inch of water in the bottom and yes he was the normal temp. In the whole year that we've had the little guy he's never drank that much, no matter what we fed him but I am inclined to believe that the increased drinking is due to a recent diet change. We recently incorporated oatmeal into his regular diet. His feed consists of 1 part scratch, 1 part oatmeal, and 3 parts Cockfeed (originally it was cockfeed and scratch, no oatmeal) Usually he gets a little bit of what ever we happen to be eating also and I provide him with greens from the yard. His poop has been consistent with the 'norm' range shown in the link, so again I'm inclined to think this is a change in diet but my boyfriend is worried that Chicken-Butt (the roo) may be sick so any input would be greatly appreciated to put my boyfriends worry to rest.

I was going to ask about a slightly runny looking poo but after seeing the pics and reading this very helpful thread I got my answer. It's normal! BYC is a great site. I love how helpful people all are on here.

Thank you for this link. It answered a lot of my questions. I am going to save it under my favorites.

Thank you for the graphic, and very helpful pictures! Eased my mind as I was worried about our little tiny cochin. As it turns out, she is "normal" as well as terribly cute and gentle... A sigh of relief!

Thanks for the information I was seeing this with. My own chickens and was worried too. But now Iam not.
1f60a.png

Thanks for the information I was seeing this with. My own chickens and was worried too. But now Iam not.
1f60a.png

Back
Top Bottom