What does everyone think of this coop?

Spend a lot less money on the book "Chicken Coops For Dummies" and build one yourself. I'm sure, even if you have never used a hammer in your life, you can do better than that for $175
big_smile.png

I think it would be fine for a few hens. The run might seem small but if you are moving it everyday or so it would be fine.

Quote:
I do not like it. Looks like it would be a hot box in warm weather. Even small coops should be tall and airy if at all possible. Ventilation is of paramount importance. I would opt for a far far larger run too. Make coop and run separate. That way it will be easier to move. Just make secure tool-free hookup to connect both securely. Might be best to do a trailer type affair for the coop. Can move it with your car/truck that way, or maybe with your lawnmower.
cool.png

Last edited:
Quote:
Have you consider getting a shipping box and just add a roof? I did that and save $$$. I also used the few cement blocks to keep if off ground. The chickens hide underneath when rain and snow. The box I got is approximately 3' x 6.5'.

U can spend about $70 for a doghouse from Lowes and fix like mine,See my BYC page.U couls buy a portable kennel to go with it and they'd have a lot more room than that hot box.

Back
Top Bottom