What does FREEDOM Mean to YOU?? Pic Heavy

mtnhomechick

Songster
11 Years
Jun 27, 2008
Mountain Home, AR
This is the first week I have let my girls free range. They love it.

12476_dscf0363.jpg

12476_dscf0370.jpg
12476_dscf0388.jpg

12476_dscf0350.jpg

12476_dscf0380.jpg
12476_dscf0383.jpg

i am so jealous!..look at that awesome dog just sitting there!...
ep.gif
..my girls would have been goners if that was my dog....
th.gif
....nice pics!, Wendy

Ha ha ha, seeing all the disturbed mulch reminded me of the hens I had when I lived with my parents during high school. They would get into my mom's flowerbeds, dustbathe, and kick the mulch EVERYWHERE. My mom would have me rake it back into the garden and sweep the sidewalk at the front entrance if necessary.

Those pics you shared are great! They look healthy and happy. I love the one of the two big, fat hens wandering through the woods.
smile.png

i am diggin' the leghorns. they crack me up. those floppy combs always make them look 'nervous' when they move their heads!

they all look like they are having a fabulous time!

A beautiful, happy flock. They will slowly get more courageous and venture farther and farther. They are going to LOVE those woods and leaves to dig through. My flock are all total free rangers as well. They wouldn't know what to do if I locked them up. It's funny to hear crowing coming from the middle of the woods.

Absolutely gorgeous place where you live there. Your chickens must be in heaven getting to free range around your home.

Back
Top Bottom