Solved What does the 'Ignore' button actually do?

I've wondered this myself. There has been a couple of people that I considered ignoring- but then what if we end up on the same thread and I want to hear what they say. Plus, I'd feel bad if I ignored someone. Perhaps if it was called something different, maybe I wouldn't feel so bad- but still. Then I've gotten concerned that what if I accidentally ignored someone that I didn't want to ignore. Like say I was trying to follow someone, but accidentally ignored them instead. What if I can never find them again? I just try to avoid the "ignore" button.

I've wondered this myself. There has been a couple of people that I considered ignoring- but then what if we end up on the same thread and I want to hear what they say. Plus, I'd feel bad if I ignored someone. Perhaps if it was called something different, maybe I wouldn't feel so bad- but still. Then I've gotten concerned that what if I accidentally ignored someone that I didn't want to ignore. Like say I was trying to follow someone, but accidentally ignored them instead. What if I can never find them again? I just try to avoid the "ignore" button.
You don't need to worry about that 😁 you can easily un-ignore somebody, you just have to click the button again. You can make a special exception to read someone's post if you end up on the same thread, and you can see that one specific post. They don't even know that they've been ignored. If someone's being rude or getting on your nerves, just ignore them and there are absolutely no hard feelings😁

I love the ignore feature.

Notice in the first picture at the bottom of the thread it lets me know I missed the ignore post.
If I click on that show ignore content I will see what I was missing...2nd picture.

Screen Shot 2020-12-03 at 5.10.45 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-12-03 at 5.11.01 PM.png

Back
Top Bottom