What does this mean?

S*T*A*R

Songster
9 Years
Oct 3, 2010
I got my first successful chickens in March 2010 and they're about 20-30 weeks right now. I've been noticing a very strange behavior. My two Americaunas have been jumping up and down and repeatedly striking at each other. I do not know the sexes yet, but could one of them be a rooster?
idunno.gif

The picture that i have for my avatar is one of my americaunas. The other one is slightly darker. Plus i don't know how to post pictures.
big_smile.png

S*T*A*R :

I got my first successful chickens in March 2010 and they're about 20-30 weeks right now. I've been noticing a very strange behavior. My two Americaunas have been jumping up and down and repeatedly striking at each other. I do not know the sexes yet, but could one of them be a rooster?
idunno.gif

99% sure your avatar is a pullet ; and its an EE , not an Ameraucana . As already stated , both sexes spar for flock status .​

So all ya'll are saying that a cock and a pullet are fighting over pecking order?

Your Americauna looks like my EE. My EE was advertised as an Americauna, but through research, I discovered her true EE status. She's lovely and produces beautiful blue/green eggs.

My Rhodies and EE exhibit the same body-slamming behavior. Nobody gets hurt, and they don't appear irritated, so I don't get too excited about it. They kinda look like schoolboys on a playground, which makes me laugh at them. Anyway, I wouldn't be too bothered by it, provided there are no wounds or injuries
smile.png

I'm not worried about them pecking at each other, i just need to find out if one of them is a rooster. I'm not allowed to have roosters, so i would need to get rid of it.

Back
Top Bottom