What does this mean?

S*T*A*R

Songster
9 Years
Oct 3, 2010
I got my first successful chickens in March 2010 and they're about 20-30 weeks right now. I've been noticing a very strange behavior. My two Americaunas have been jumping up and down and repeatedly striking at each other. I do not know the sexes yet, but could one of them be a rooster?
idunno.gif

S*T*A*R

Songster
9 Years
Oct 3, 2010
The picture that i have for my avatar is one of my americaunas. The other one is slightly darker. Plus i don't know how to post pictures.
big_smile.png

SteveH

Songster
10 Years
Nov 10, 2009
West/Central IL
S*T*A*R :

I got my first successful chickens in March 2010 and they're about 20-30 weeks right now. I've been noticing a very strange behavior. My two Americaunas have been jumping up and down and repeatedly striking at each other. I do not know the sexes yet, but could one of them be a rooster?
idunno.gif

99% sure your avatar is a pullet ; and its an EE , not an Ameraucana . As already stated , both sexes spar for flock status .​

S*T*A*R

Songster
9 Years
Oct 3, 2010
So all ya'll are saying that a cock and a pullet are fighting over pecking order?

pawprint2104

Songster
10 Years
Oct 21, 2010
SF Bay Area
Your Americauna looks like my EE. My EE was advertised as an Americauna, but through research, I discovered her true EE status. She's lovely and produces beautiful blue/green eggs.

My Rhodies and EE exhibit the same body-slamming behavior. Nobody gets hurt, and they don't appear irritated, so I don't get too excited about it. They kinda look like schoolboys on a playground, which makes me laugh at them. Anyway, I wouldn't be too bothered by it, provided there are no wounds or injuries
smile.png

S*T*A*R

Songster
9 Years
Oct 3, 2010
I'm not worried about them pecking at each other, i just need to find out if one of them is a rooster. I'm not allowed to have roosters, so i would need to get rid of it.

Top Bottom