What does your duck house look like?

Our ducks didn't use their house, they join my bantams in their coop at night!
But they do love this shelter we built for them...it's just stacked haybales,
with a twig roof.
See on my blog...www.stackedstonefarm.blogspot.com
I give them fresh water a few times a day, and they come to the back door
around lunch time for a treat!

Last edited:
Our ducks have continued to insist on outdoor living. But with temperatures projected to go below 10 degrees below zero tonight, we put up a little straw bale shelter with a wooden roof right next to their favorite spot on the pond. I don't see them anywhere around the pond this afternoon, so I think they must have agreed that it's time to go inside to warm up.

Our duck house is a re-purposed chicken tractor. The framed in "run" has chicken wire all the way around with the bottom buried in sand. There's a little door that opens into a 25' x 7' play yard that we let them hang in during the day. That's covered with deer netting to discourage our resident hawk.
hawk-365x500.jpg

This weekend we raised the roof on the duck house. We needed a better way to clean out and access eggs (that we have yet to see yet...). We also needed something the snow would not totally bury this winter, and I think the ducks just might appreciate a bit more headroom. Our next job is to tackle the run part. I want to raise the roof there too and cover it to keep the snow out a bit. It's hard to tell if the ducks appreciate any of this!
ducky-remodel-500x375.jpg

This is my night club/pen to keep the babies safe at night. It is attached to a metal shed that is filled with bedding which so far they only use to lay eggs. I added remote controlled rope lights to do spot checks if I hear something at night. I need to get some pics of it during daylight lol......

92444_img_0871.jpg

I don't have any pictures of mine, it's still in build mode, well i am siding it with old barn boards and the roof still needs a permanent covering, but basically it's a 'mini barn' with a door and 3 windows that open... it's all elevated on these well industrial type skids so it technically has a porch(or front stoop) lol I have hydro run to it as well... inside has a shelf and the floor is wood with stall mats(rubber) laid down.

Last edited:
Quote:
WONKY OR NOT THAT IS AWSOME!!!! (which i think it looks way way beautiful)

mine live under my barn with a dog house to lay in LOL

100389_4-6_020.jpg

This is a pic of our duck house taken two days after completion. It snowed! The nervous newbie duck mom, waited another week to move the babies into the new house. This is now the hen house (three hens) and we have a separate house for the drakes. They are out in separate pen area during the day when we are home. Not pictured.

Great thread! All the duckhouses in one convenient browsing spot.
caf.gif

Mine is now adapted with roosts for my 4 chickens that like it much better than the ducks. Its best feature is 2 auto-waterers.

88997_mollyagain.jpg

88997_bestfinalloonside.jpg

88997_skyvane2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom