What does YOUR farmhouse look like?! Post pictures here!

Miss Prissy your home is gorgeous - really does belong on a post card. I know I read once how old it was but don't remember - I know it's a lot older than mine. You would be the person to talk to about restoration issues. As you remember I nearly froze to death this first winter here in this old home. We're hoping to have an outdoor wood furnace put in before this next winter. Can't keep spending $2,000 a month on propane and still be freezing to death.

My house is not a typical farmhouse...it's actually a log cabin on a lake in Northern Ontario, but we do have 3 acres:D

r1lkao.jpg

Ruth, my house is 100 years old too and I COVET yours! I love your porch!

As for heating - buy the biggest woodburning stove that goes in your fireplace and put it in the room you spend the most time in all winter - like a family room and a small one for the kitchen. You won't belive the heat those things put out when they get to burning at a steady rate. We use a Quadra Fire and often need to open doors to let the cool air in!

My old farm house on the hill.

100_4615.jpg

There used to big a big barn across the road but it burned when I was -40 or so.... There also was an old tack shed above the house where the driveway is now. I find old square nails all the time.

Miss Prissy or Ruth...can I move in with either of you!!?? I promise I'll be a good girl and help around the house and take care of the chickens!
yippiechickie.gif
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom