What does your goose coop look like?

My husband was all picky about our duck and goose housing, since they can be seen from the house.
So, we originally built this one:

The small house is only 6x6 and been taken over by a pair of my Pomeranian Geese. The main house is 8x8. The eaves are all wire for ventilation. The little roofed area on the side is our feeding area: It keeps the feed dry in all but the worst weather.

Then we dug a second pond in the area where the beat up horse trailer is parked in the background....and built this one too....it is about 10x12 inside and we are going to enclose the overhang on the left side with hardware cloth as well for another 3x8 area.

It has a central dividing wall, which can easily be removed and two doors. I guess I'll have to shut the door and take some pictures. We had put in a small fence under the overhang for when the juveniles where too small to be out and about.

We are going to build a third small house in our goat pasture with a small pond this month. We plan on moving our Toulouse pair and a few of the ducks to that house before my Pomeranian goslings reach full size and need more room..
Always love looking at these. the setting is just so pretty.

Thanks Ms. Lydia. My husband is VERY picky about the waterfowl housing since we see it from the living room and master bedroom windows. Hopefully, in the next year or so we can get it landscaped, but with the feather kids and their plant eating habits, they had better be some tough plants.

Thanks Ms. Lydia. My husband is VERY picky about the waterfowl housing since we see it from the living room and master bedroom windows. Hopefully, in the next year or so we can get it landscaped, but with the feather kids and their plant eating habits, they had better be some tough plants.
Made out of steel most likely. lol

Jordan and Reebok have a little barn. It's 8x12.
I had a window installed and insulated it myself with the pink fiberglass stuff and covered that with ReflectX.
It's attached to the back of my garage and there's a door into the garage.
When they're in at night there's a grate over the door so they can see out into the garage where the cats like to hang out
after it's locked up for the night.
It also makes getting warm water to them easy in the Winter. In bad weather I don't have to go out.

Linda

Jordan and Reebok have a little barn. It's 8x12.
I had a window installed and insulated it myself with the pink fiberglass stuff and covered that with ReflectX.
It's attached to the back of my garage and there's a door into the garage.
When they're in at night there's a grate over the door so they can see out into the garage where the cats like to hang out
after it's locked up for the night.
It also makes getting warm water to them easy in the Winter. In bad weather I don't have to go out.

Linda

Aww they are Embdens. I have an Embden gander whom i love dearly. Nice barn too.

Last edited:
Thanks, I love these guys. I've had them since they were two days old.
When I think about the fact that they are 18 it occurs to me that if they were kids I would have to buy then a car and send them to college.
They are truly a good and perfect gift!
Linda

When I think about the fact that they are 18 it occurs to me that if they were kids I would have to buy then a car and send them to college.
Linda
They sure can row on ya, that is awesome that you have had them all those yrs. I hope I can say that one day. p.s. Isn't it wonderful that you don't have to buy them a car and send them to college
wink.png

Apologies for the scratchy pics but they were taken with my ipod touch. Our goose coop is more like a pen. It's a temporary pen in the garage to hold the 8 geese until we were confident they could hold their own with the ducks. We also have 4 Pekin ducks in the coop who like to bully the geese around too much for my comfort. But the geese are growing and getting more size on them.

It's furring strips with chicken wire tacked on. The back has some plywood to keep them from getting to the tool bench. It's basically 6' square on each side with oh about 18" high. As the garage is pretty sealed against predators and weather, we just needed to corral geese before they got under the tool bench and such. The front is hinged so that we can open it entirely in the front for cleaning and to allow the geese entry and exit. The first few weeks they weren't keen on going in for bed, but now I just go in and start filling the food trays and tossing bedding down and they come in.

Linda

WOW you've had them for eighteen years???

Back
Top Bottom