1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What does your pig pen look like?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Jolyn, Jun 12, 2008.

1. Jolyn

Jolyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2008
    Northern California
    Are they still called pig pens? [​IMG]
    Anyone have any pictures of your pig's set up? I just like seeing how others set up their areas for their animals.

2. Homegroanacres

Homegroanacres Chillin w/the Ice in my Glass

Apr 10, 2008
    Salem, Oregon
    Give me just a minute and I will take a pic of my
    grandsons room! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

John

3. Jolyn

Jolyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2008
    Northern California
    Quote:[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 12, 2008
  4. helmstead

helmstead Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Alfordsville, IN
    LOL You beat me to it, except I was gonna ask if I could post pics of MY room...oy!

5. Nuggetsowner:)

Nuggetsowner:) Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2007
    Minnesota
    You guys are funny [​IMG] But really I too would be interested to see some real pig pens. I have been thinking about getting pigs!

6. hazelton farms

hazelton farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2008
    NC
    geez..I hope someone posts a pic! I was hoping to see one when I clicked this thread. Our neighbors have three pigs but they get out a lot. [​IMG]

Stacy

7. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    they have these houses called pig huts.... maybe try to google them...but my pig is a pet..he lives inside...uses a litter box..was easier to litter box train than a kitten...and during the nice months..he is outside during the day..comes back in at night ..they are VERY clean...more so than my dogs..dont get fleas either..[​IMG]..wendy

8. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    Wanna see a teeny little pig pen that I saw in Romania last summer? It was in a very poor Gypsy village.

When I say teeny, I do mean teeny... [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2008
  9. Run-A-Muck Ranch

Run-A-Muck Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Sorry I really don't have any pictures of our pig pen...

But what we have is an addition on the end of the barn. All cement floor. With sliding doors on each side. The pigs have free range access to the outside with lots of grass and dirt and mud to forage around in...

We have one corner that we set up for there bed..With lots of hay/straw in that corner. Then we have a water bucket (55 gal. drum cut in half) for them to drink and an old mixer contraption of some sort for there food.. They seem to go to the bathroom in the opposite corner of the building as there bedding...
    Outside they have a couple of kiddy pools filled with water, a few mud holes to wallow in, plenty of grass and mud to run around in....
    The outside fence is actually t-posts and round wooden posts we found laying around with tin/metal siding we also found laying around here. We laid the tin on it's side length wise and made a 1/2 circle off the barn additoin.

So far so good on the pigs NOT rutting underneath the fencing. This is the second set of pigs we have had in there...Last year we had 2 (who have went to butcher) and this year we have 3 using the same area..... There is actually enough room for roughly 30-40 pigs to live there all at one time....They are a little spoiled in all the room they have....

10. chickfillhay

chickfillhay Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2007
    Berlin Nh
    :eek: I'ts a 4bdrm 2 bath on 10 acres!! WHY? YOU BEEN HERE????? :mad:

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by