what dog food do you use

I am a raw feeder...chicken back/necks or what ever I can get a hold of plus meat or any kind (all raw.) I also give every once in a great while a vitamin. Plus they get oil a couple times a week, raw fish. Basically its whatever I find at a good deal. Best thing I've ever done and been doing it for seven years, no sick dogs from this, ever.
***Highly recommend for those dogs with itchy, scratch, chronic infections....course all dogs should have at least some raw daily, even if they are giving dog food.

Flint River for the last 2 years or so. Used to feed the junk in the grocery store, but finally just could not put up with the idea of this. Don't see any difference in the dogs, except maybe they like it better.

But then they like chicken poo, too....

Hey, maybe it's the chicken poo that keeps our dogs healthy?!!!
gig.gif

Costco/Kirkland brand for me too . I like it because the first 5 main ingredients do not include rice , corn or any other vegetable product . My dog looks great , acts great compared to his sister who gets fed a high end Purina food . Wish I had pics . BTW..his sister is not mine . I was always taught high vegetable content was bad for dogs ( My mother has a 4 yr old blue heeler who is allergic to corn , is now blind...has diaherea....and itches all of the time since being fed high levels of corn ) I'm sure it's mostly due to a genetic malfunction......but being allergic to corn doesn't help .
hmm.png

I was feeding flint river but they way upped the price so it's really not worth it. You can get better food for less price off petfooddirect.com or similar sites. Any natura product (evo, innova, california natural), canidae, or merrick would be equivalent or better than flint river for less cost. Solid Gold is also sold in big petstores now and ranks about the same. Timberwolforganics.com has awesome food and I used that for awhile too but the company is questionable and has had quality control issues in the past so I do not use them anymore.

Right now due to cost constraints Zami has been eating Natural Balance duck and potato. Since I got all my college tuition paid off for another year and we have a new puppy coming sunday we are switching back to Solid Gold as soon as we finish this bag.

Currently on Californa Natural Herring and Sweet Potato - got a great deal and I am decreasing protein for dog who had accute kidney failure and is still recovering

At various times they have eaten Nature's Variety Instinct Chicken, Prairie Chicken & Prarie Beef; also Merrick's Before Grain Chicken and Buffalo, and various other quality foods

Try k9cuisine.com, decent prices and FREE shipping when order goes above $50

I mainly cook for my dog using meat from local, organic farmers. She gets muscle meat, organs and eggs. I also feed her seasonal veggies. I use ayurvedic guidelines as far as protien sources/seasonality. She also gets salmon, flax and coconut oil supplements, as well as some other supplements.

Her ears are clean, her eyes are bright, her coat is soft and glossy, and her weight/muscle tone are perfect for a dog in her age and size. She also doesn't poop very much. Considering the lack of vet bills, it's actually not as expensive as it seems.

When we travel (a lot) I switch her over to kibble (Castor and Pollux Organix).

Back
Top Bottom