What done this?

The cage was given to us so we didn't think anything would get into it.. . We now put hardware cloth over the hole an later going to put more stuff on the cage. It's not a coop it's a game-bird cage grow out cage. Got to get some new stuff but the other cage we got is covered with hardware cloth so nothing can get in I hope..Tt does have some wood but the hardware cloth covers it..

The critter returned again today..

Here is photo of the cage..

This is the bottom of the cage.

Here is a photo of the bigger pens..

Last edited:
With coons, you should build your pens and coops like your trying to keep a bear out. They will find the one weakness and take advantage of it. I'm a firm believer that there is no better security than a well trained LGD. I've done pretty good so far.

At night the birds are locked up tight. Master locks on all doors and latches hardware cloth on all windows and concrete siding all the way around. Yes, that's chicken wire, but...

During the day...

This guy don't let anything bigger than a squirrel on his acre and a half.

We've got a puppy that we've been working with but right now she's not much help since hurt her paw an trying to get it better. Did you see the big pens that we're using.. It has that hardware cloth all around it.. Yes there is a tarp but there is hardware cloth on top too.. Plus lock on it.. Even the flooring is hardware cloth too..So I can't see anything getting in..Just the old cage we didn't think of anything getting in but we get it all fixed up an all.. We're fixing to fix a 7 foot all an 4 foot wide house for our peafowl.. The pen is going to be dog kennels right next to our house.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom