What duck cross is this?

TheGooseLord

Songster
Jul 17, 2018
Columbiana, Ohio
i hatched ducks and we have several ducks that look like this: does anyone know what cross it is? we have 1 female blue runner 3 female khaki campbells 1 male fawn runner
1 male blue runner, 1 male rouen and 1 male khaki, it has orange under its beak
20200607_184613.jpg
20200607_184618.jpg
20200607_184611.jpg

I agree with Ducks 4 life. I would say Khaki and Blue Runner. I hatched the babies in the picture below for a friend last November. Dad was a Khaki, mom was a White Crested but had blue in her back round (so the friend said). They looked a lot like yours.
IMG_5097.jpg

i hatched ducks and we have several ducks that look like this: does anyone know what cross it is? we have 1 female blue runner 3 female khaki campbells 1 male fawn runner
1 male blue runner, 1 male rouen and 1 male khaki, it has orange under its beak View attachment 2182348View attachment 2182349View attachment 2182347
Oh my how cute. I hope my ducks have babies soon they just started laying and seating on their eggs. It looks kinda like a kiki Campbell but not completely sure.

Your duck has at least one "extended black" allele, and at least one non-dusky allele. This combination produces a duck that is a solid (usually dark) color with a white bib.

Khaki campbells have two "dusky" alleles and no "extended black" alleles. If one of your campbells is the mother, than they father must be dark with a bib. You have no such duck, therefore a campbell cannot be the mother. Your blue runner is the mother. She is solid-colored with no bib, therefore the father must provide a non-dusky allele.

Your blue runner is solid colored instead of bibbed, therefore he has two dusky alleles. Your campbell drake does too. Therefore, the father is the rouen.

Based on what we know about the parents, your duckling is either blue-bibbed or black bibbed. I am going to guess blue-bibbed since he isn't too dark.

Your duck has at least one "extended black" allele, and at least one non-dusky allele. This combination produces a duck that is a solid (usually dark) color with a white bib.

Khaki campbells have two "dusky" alleles and no "extended black" alleles. If one of your campbells is the mother, than they father must be dark with a bib. You have no such duck, therefore a campbell cannot be the mother. Your blue runner is the mother. She is solid-colored with no bib, therefore the father must provide a non-dusky allele.

Your blue runner is solid colored instead of bibbed, therefore he has two dusky alleles. Your campbell drake does too. Therefore, the father is the rouen.

Based on what we know about the parents, your duckling is either blue-bibbed or black bibbed. I am going to guess blue-bibbed since he isn't too dark.
That is so cool that you now so much. I hope one day I will be the same way. I now who to come to if I have any questions.

update: she's all dark black

Back
Top Bottom