What eggs are these? And does anyone want to hatch with me?

chichi56788

Songster
9 Years
May 2, 2010
Columbia, SC
I just got 9 orpington eggs and 2 easter eggers and Im gonna set them tonight!
wee.gif
I'm a newbie at this and this is my first real hatch so I hope everything goes ok
fl.gif
so now im looking for someone to hatch with me.

Here are is a picture of the eggs. Im not sure about the 4 on the far right. Are they orpingtons?
56148_0511001805.jpg

Last edited:
very exciting!
wee.gif
Did you pick them up locally? As far as the other eggs you are not sure on...it's difficult to tell just from the egg color, do you know what varieties the person you got them from have? might be able to narrow it down a bit. judging by the color of the other known Orp eggs I wouldn't say those are also but not sure if the color is coming through accurately, they look a lot lighter to me.

I will join you but I'm a few days ahead (or behind, b/c i have another group to set)! I have all sorts of eggs in now...a few Russian Orloff eggs that are due to go into the hatcher on Thursday. Then I have 6 Dark Cornish, 1 one duck and one game bird egg set on 5/2 and a group of 8 EE that were set on 5/6 (I think, not looking at the eggs w/dates on them right now). AND THEN!!!
th.gif
I have another group of 29 Ameraucana eggs (pure breed in blue,black and splash)
love.gif
droolin.gif
that I need to get into the bator too. I picked those up this weekend, was only supposed to get 12 but the very, VERY generous seller gave me an extra 17!!! WOW! her bators were full and she didn't want them to go to waste! I was floored! esp since 5 of those are split lavender!!
bow.gif

I have been waiting on the third bator to come up to temp to put them in. I have the other group in one and then I use the third as a hatcher. All are styro, really trying to convince DH I need one Brinsea and then sell two of the existing ones, keep one as the hatcher and one as a backup.

THose four on the right look exactly like my buff orpington eggs. They are a creamy pale brown bordering sometimes on a pinkish.

I set orpington eggs today too
celebrate.gif
! What color are yours? I think they are probably orpingtons I have some that look similar (the one in the middle left and the one on the bottom right). I hope you have a great hatch!
photo-18.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom