What else do I need?

IDIOT HUSBAND

Songster
10 Years
May 6, 2009
Burgin, KY
I have 15 RIR on the way they will be here Mon. or Tue. I have a brooder box ready with a lamp that is adjustable in hight, watering bottle, starter feed, and feeder. I know I need to get some pine shavings. Is there anything else I will need before the chicks arive?

Paper towels keep their little legs from slipping out from under them and give them some traction. I only used them the first 2-3 days. (I got my chicks 6/3 - 25 mixed breeds) Keep the paper towels handy though and check that none of them are getting pasty butt, that'll have to be cleaned off with a little warm water.

Oh, and you might start that coop soon. they grow fast!
ep.gif

Thanks for the info. I already have my coop design and a lot of materials. I hope to get my wife to take pictures of my coop when I am working on it and after I am done. Thanks again.

WHO dubbed you the "Idiot Husband"??? LOL! If if was your wife, I hope she assumes the same title! Any hubby who is trying to raise chicks, build a brooder and coop is no idiot in my humble opinion. If YOU gave yourself that name - get rid of it!!
tongue2.gif

The paper towels under the shavings are a good idea. I started with pine pellets and loved them. A bit neater and cleaner than the shavings.

The chicks GROW FAST - over night, and I'm not kidding. Start your coop, or you WILL be an idiot!!! (JUST TEASING!)
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom