What excercise machine to buy?

Quote:
Yeah?? Thats good to know....
smile.png

but what is it? I saw pics of it..but cant figure out how it works?
hide.gif

It is almost like a stairmaster/treadmill mixed together. The movement is smooter than a stairmaster. Your legs kind of glide and go back and forth like you are walking but you don't lift your feet up. Very easy on the knees. I have really bad knees and can use ours with out a problem. They also have incline and resistance chances that you can adjust. Mine is programable and can use a computer chip to change the work out.

Uh...We have a treadmill, a ski machine and an excercise bike.

All do the exact same thing...just sit there. Defies logic...The very reason
my wife and I need this stuff is the very reason we don't use stuff like
this.

So my best advice is to buy the one that you can stack the most clothes on.
May sound silly, but believe me...thats the point of excercise equipment. Not
only will you not use the stuff to excercise with, but you won't even find a good
use for the stuff you pile on it.

Round is a shape...want to be happy? Learn to live with it.

My favorite t-shirt? The one that says "Fat People Are Harder To Kidnap."

Quote:
Um.. do i have to have coordination to use it? I was absent the day that was handed out...

Redhen - who falls down stairs a lot and cant walk near the edge of a pier....

Quote:
I know.. i know...i dont really have a place to put it either...
And i need to take the dogs on walks more....
hide.gif

I just need to do "something"... *sigh*

Quote:
Um.. do i have to have coordination to use it? I was absent the day that was handed out...

Redhen - who falls down stairs a lot and cant walk near the edge of a pier....

No, no coordination needed. The treads are large, and the handles help a lot, they are so smooth to use.

BTW- Imps can be clumsy too.

Imp- I have never fallen off a pier, but watched my brother walk off the end of a dock twice. He once also fell out of the truck, landed on his face- gravel driveway. Bwuhahahaha!

Can you tell there was some teenage sibling rivalry?

Shake-weight!!

Kidding... but I swear my boyfriend is going to buy me one just so he can make naughty remarks. Particularly after watching the South Park episode with the shake-weight.

For me, the treadmill was the best. I had one with a digital display and 'routes' and training routines, power incline all that jazz. It was pretty cool. I actually wore it out.
My elliptical was very basic and I got bored easily on it.

Now I sometimes goof off on my Wii Fit. There's a game where you flap your arms around to 'fly' and your Mii is dressed in a chicken suit. It's hilarious. (hopefully my neighbors can't see me!!)

Go to where ever it is you plan on buying one or the other from & make sure you have an extra shirt or jacket or something with you.
Throw the article of clothing on top of the exercise equipment & walk away.
Turn around & look at each piece of equipment & see which one looks/works better as a clothes rack.
The best one wins & that's the one you buy!
ya.gif

Good pair of running shoes! Walk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Those dogs are begging for it! Best exercise there is and that is all really that a treadmill does. Lets you walk in place or up a hill, fast or slow. Bet you already have a flat place and an incline. Much cheaper too. If you want the elliptical effect get some 3 lb hand weights. Total =80$ if you get a pretty good pair of shoes.

Back
Top Bottom