What food do you feed your dog?

Pics
My of my dogs loves it and is the only thing she will eat and one wont but I cant find one that she did. I had no idea they did that. It's just what our vet recommends. What should I do instead.
Hills is a subsidiary of Colgate Palmolive, meaning that if their food is recalled or causes issues, it’s not going to cause the mother company much trouble over all, they have lots of money and can pay their way out of any issues with revenue from other products.

Hills is very deceptive from what I’ve been told by a friend in vet school, they have agreements with vet schools, they hold free seminars and classes on campus, and students are encouraged to attend, where they have their reps tell the vet students how great their food is, and students think these are unbiased claims supported by their schools. Then, they pay the vets themselves commissions for selling their feed. Vets see many different species, and don’t necessarily have the time and resources to fact check what they’re told by hills, or to research all the other food options.

If your vet belongs to a VCA hospital, the mother company tells them what to push.

I feed my dogs Verus brand and it’s fantastic. I have a 15 year old pug currently, and 3 young dogs. My pug and my former English bulldog spent most of their lives eating Verus, but when I lived in NYC I couldn’t get it because the company owner doesn’t want their food sold by mail order or in huge chains, they believe in small independent business, with covid I think some of that changed tho. My bulldog was in perfect health, no medications or anything needed until he was 10, and then he got a tooth infection that started to eat thru the jaw bone, and the vet had treated it and said at his age he would likely not survive surgery, so he gave me antibiotics and said we would probably be needing to make “the decision” soon. But he lasted a full year after the antibiotics cleared up as much of the infection as they could, and he had excellent quality of life (11 is very good for an English bulldog). My pug is still ambulatory, no meds currently or ever really, she’s partly blind and mostly deaf, but other than that she’s doing fine. My young dogs have been eating it all their lives and I have a house full of traditionally problematic breeds health wise, old pug, 2 frenchies and a bulldog/sharpei mix and so far so good. No allergies, no skin or fur issues, no tear stains, toe stains, or ear infections. I free feed and my dogs maintain a healthy weight on their own.

I believe Verus is made in the US and is veteran owned.

Back
Top Bottom