What food do you feed your dog?

Dry food. I don't have the lifestyle for raw right now, and thats okay. On Diamond naturals right now, skin has improved since the old food, but still feeling like I can do better,

thanks
What kind is he and how big that depends. For large or extra large dogs I like eukanuba for small dogs I like science diet

What kind is he and how big that depends. For large or extra large dogs I like eukanuba for small dogs I like science diet
Science diet is probably one of the worst, IMO. They spray their kibble with grease and their feeds are filled with fillers. With all that grease, it's obvious dogs like it.

I used to feed SD, until a fellow dog breeder told me about how bad it was.

Science diet is probably one of the worst, IMO. They spray their kibble with grease and their feeds are filled with fillers. With all that grease, it's obvious dogs like it.

My of my dogs loves it and is the only thing she will eat and one wont but I cant find one that she did. I had no idea they did that. It's just what our vet recommends. What should I do instead.

My of my dogs loves it and is the only thing she will eat and one wont but I cant find one that she did. I had no idea they did that. It's just what our vet recommends. What should I do instead.
https://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/

Here's a good link to use when looking into brands.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to give any recommendations. My dog is the PICKIEST. I have run through TONS of brands with her and she is almost always not interested after a few days. I used to feed raw, but she just wouldn't eat it anymore despite the improvements I was starting to see in her health. I am currently feeding Orijen, because everyone kept recommending it, but I used to feed Merricks. Orijen is also raw, but the one I got doesn't require freezing, unlike the other raw feed I have tried with her.

We used to feed SD to our cats. Swithced to AvoDerm and Taste of the Wild recently. Their litter box smells SOOOO much better! It smelt bad before. Its definitely no good.

We used to feed SD to our cats. Swithced to AvoDerm and Taste of the Wild recently. Their litter box smells SOOOO much better! It smelt bad before. Its definitely no good.
I thought they took AvoDerm off the shelves because of avocado causing some dogs skin issues which it was supposed to be great for.

Also, when searching for new brands remember the salt rule. Dog food packaging loves to blow photos of cranberries and all these great ingredints up to the size of a football. When you look at the packaging, find salt, or another fancy name for salt on the ingredints label. Anything below that line is hardy even a part of the food. Salt can only take up a very very small percent, so anything below it takes up even less. Oddly enough you'll often find those gigantic cranberries and apples below salt on the ingredients label. This article talks about it more, definitely interesting.
https://www.dogsnaturallymagazine.com/the-salt-divider/

Back
Top Bottom