What food do you feed your dog?

My girls are on Acana. I have an AmStaff and a Boxador. The 25lb bag lasts about a month. I've also had them on RuffGreens as a supplement. I pay more for the supplement each month than I do for the food. I don't give them water out of the faucet either. It goes through our gravity water filter first. Chloramine in the tap water killed our last dog's kidneys.

luckily I'm able to grab mix ins, but kibble is balanced and he doesn't need extras. obviously they have benefits, but its ok.

I don't do a bunch, the bone broth is optional, although it does have collagen so it is good for his joints. Water would be fine for hydration, fish oil because his skin gives him issues, and the joint suppliments because he's a very active, but 8 year old dog.
I found this article interesting. I do a lot of research haha! It was an interesting read.
https://www.dogsnaturallymagazine.com/fish-oil-omega-3-dogs-safe/

That science diet stuff? sometimes its shocking to me how well some dogs can do on crappy food. My dog did horrid on that stuff!
No, actually it's Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets. I wish I could get her on something else, but it would be too risky to change (she has an extremely sensitive GI).

By the way, some Diamond Naturals varieties have glucosamine in them. I think it helped my senior dogs. My Lab mix who had arthritis and injured back legs could actually get up on her own and go on walks.

My dog got cancer on Kirkland Signature's food, so I try to give him food tailored for that issue. He used to eat Canine Caviar and Visionary Pet's keto which he did very well on, but I've had to cut the budget so now he eats Crave.
Fyi, Kirkland is made for Costco by Diamond.

Nestle owns Purina.

General Mills owns Blue Buffalo.

No, actually it's Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets. I wish I could get her on something else, but it would be too risky to change (she has an extremely sensitive GI).

By the way, some Diamond Naturals varieties have glucosamine in them. I think it helped my senior dogs. My Lab mix who had arthritis and injured back legs could actually get up on her own and go on walks.
The senior formula? He's not on any senior food, but I've been thinking about switching. I feel weird accepting that he is a senior.

Back
Top Bottom