What fruits, foods and greens can button quails eat?

Well, I was thinking maybe some cucumbers, grapes, strawberries and of course pasta. There are so many articles out there I don't know what to believe.

They love cucumber but I’d advise cutting it into lengths rather than rings! Also leafy greens like kale and lettuce seem to go down well (not loads of lettuce because it doesn’t offer much nutritionally). Mine still enjoy some boiled egg from time to time, and will completely strip a spray of millet.

Avoid avocado and tomato greens as they’re poisonous to birds. It’s probably wise to google anything you’re giving them for the first time.

They love cucumber but I’d advise cutting it into lengths rather than rings! Also leafy greens like kale and lettuce seem to go down well (not loads of lettuce because it doesn’t offer much nutritionally). Mine still enjoy some boiled egg from time to time, and will completely strip a spray of millet.

Avoid avocado and tomato greens as they’re poisonous to birds. It’s probably wise to google anything you’re giving them for the first time.
Thank you so much!!! I will definitely give him a treat tomorrow. Thank you for the tip on how to cut cucumbers! I would have never guessed that!

I had to learn it the hard way, lucky I was there to pull it off his bewildered little head :lau

Report back if you find yours has any favourites!
Will Do!
IMG_20201130_013808.jpg

Back
Top Bottom