What gender? 3 Rescued chickens. Unknown breed and age

My15Ducks

Songster
May 17, 2023
Hawaii
Hi,
Someone abandoned 4 chickens along the road and after several days I finally caught 3. Hopefully I can find number 4 too.
I don’t know what breed or gender they are. Hopefully they aren’t all roosters??

Here’s a few group pictures. I’ll post individual photos next
1C400D64-E22B-4282-9F2F-7F4142E1BAEA.jpeg
F0B16437-5F51-45C3-A961-E32D8EF053FE.jpeg

She’s ok!! As soon as I woke up I heard her outside and she is totally fine and safe. So relieved. I know I’ve had these chickens less than a week but I couldn’t stand the thought of something happening to her!
Thank you all for your kind words
I'm so glad she's back! They are so easy to get attached to. When my husband said he wanted chickens, I was underwhelmed. But I've been pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoy their company

I’m devastated. This evening one of the rescue hens disappeared and I’ve looked all over and there is no sign of her. I moved the remaining 2 into a hardware cloth cage which is totally predator proof. I just feel like such a failure. She was such a sweet trusting hen. I wanted her to have a safe happy life. I’m holding out a glimmer of hope she’ll show up in the morning, but I’m afraid a mongoose got her.

Thank you for the replies! I looked up Delawares and they do look similar. I hope they are all hens.
My friend wants to adopt at least 2 hens if some of these are hens. I’ll try to find good homes for any roosters. These chickens are surprisingly calm and are happily eating, drinking, and resting after a few stressful days.

Back
Top Bottom