What gender am I ?

I rescued two Muscovy mix from our river and a full on Muscovy drake probably their dad. All 3 drakes I’d say being they are a mix they would probably be okay with either but I’d def get at least 3 females. No other drakes. My Muscovy drakes could not live with each other and it was many years of keeping them separated with their own females to keep the fighting from going on. Again just my 2 cents.
That's awesome I think it would be super cool to eventually one day if I move somewhere that will let me get more ducks to get a hybrid drake to be with my girls.

So for the OP probably your best bet would be to get 3 female Muscovys, or 3 female of a mallard derived breed that is a similar size to him.

Drakes get a bad rap. But honestly I’ve never had a drake I couldn’t live with. It’s so important they learn to respect the person who cares for them and teach them that all their human family are off limits to biting. I have 3 drakes now and they are fine together because only one is Muscovy. Now if I could only get my gander and Muscovy drake to get along. :hmm

Thankfully I haven't had over mating, My Runners are sluts and chase the boys. My Muscovy drake is pretty easy on his girls he has 4. Only one of my Runners looked a little worn last year she is my youngest and just wouldn't leave her drake alone. A few feather missing on her head.

Back
Top Bottom