What gender are my Sizzles?

Rachel96

Songster
7 Years
Mar 12, 2012
South Australia
Okay, I have six SilkieXFrizzles, about seven weeks of age. I have my suspicions about one of them being a rooster, but they others I don't know and to be honest I'm not sure about any of them. I'd like to know or at least have a better idea of what sex they are, if anyone can help.

First up, Golden Boy. This is the one I suspect is a boy (couldn't you tell from the name?). He's pictured first at 3 weeks and then at 6 weeks. He's been a little bigger than the others from about two weeks of age and a little bossy. I'd rather like it if he's a boy because I love his colouring and would like to breed from him.

Next up, Golden Girl. This I don't know her gender and her name's just wishful thinking, but I'm quite sure she's Golden Boy's full sibling and she's somewhat smaller than him. Again, first at 3 weeks and then at 6 weeks.

The next is Caramel. Again, pictured at 3 weeks and at 6 weeks.

This is Feet. I'm sorry about the bad picture. Feet's interesting because she has four toes on one foot and five on the other, and very bad balance (she can't perch on anything). Again, 3 weeks and 6 weeks.

This is Snowball.

This is Pom-Pom. I think she might actually be a full Silkie. Anyone agree/disagree? Again, she is pictured at 3 weeks and at 6 weeks.

It would be great if someone could give me an idea about what gender these ones might be. Also, any tips on how exactly you know would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
from Rachel.

Last edited:
Rachel96 I'm interested in the results of the genders of these chickens if you remember - my guess by photos is top two boys, rest girls. Curious to know if I am right, and to know genders so I can also compare mine to these pics which might help shed light on their genders as well :) Thanks

Back
Top Bottom