What gender are these guys?

Where are your birds from? Knowing that we can help you narrow down what it might be.
california i got them from a farm that had like 100-150 chicks and it was a bunch of EE’s and then these two were the only different ones so i picked them up.

california i got them from a farm that had like 100-150 chicks and it was a bunch of EE’s and then these two were the only different ones so i picked them up.
The black one is an Easter Egger, and the "Light Brahma" is a mixed breed, likely an Easter Egger as well if she ends up laying blue or green eggs; she also looks like she has Cornish Cross genetics because of that spacious heart girth. They are both pullets.

The black one is an Easter Egger, and the "Light Brahma" is a mixed breed, likely an Easter Egger as well if she ends up laying blue or green eggs; she also looks like she has Cornish Cross genetics because of that spacious heart girth. They are both pullets.
yahhh i hope there both pullets! im allowed to only keep hens in my area and itd really suck having to get rid of her. Thanks so much for the information!

here are more pictures i just took are you sure a pullet? i had someone say cockerel yesterday. Im new to chicken keeping so what are some tips and tricks to tell the gender?

Attachments

• IMG_2544.jpeg
    IMG_2544.jpeg
    442.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2542.jpeg
    IMG_2542.jpeg
    642.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2537.jpeg
    IMG_2537.jpeg
    318.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2535.jpeg
    IMG_2535.jpeg
    543.8 KB · Views: 10
yahhh i hope there both pullets! im allowed to only keep hens in my area and itd really suck having to get rid of her. Thanks so much for the information!

here are more pictures i just took are you sure a pullet? i had someone say cockerel yesterday. Im new to chicken keeping so what are some tips and tricks to tell the gender?
The pullet is indeed a pullet. I do have many tips and tricks for telling the gender, but I cannot get them right now.

Back
Top Bottom