What gender are these two?

lollimama

In the Brooder
8 Years
Aug 13, 2011
My parents have four chickens adopted from a neighbor. They all seem about the same size but there are two that seem slightly different from the others. The light buff one is the mom of the three others. I'll also post a pic of the dad. I believe the mom is a buff orpington, not sure what the dad is though. These were all hatched in mid-July (which makes them about 22 weeks) - it's somewhat a guess since they were just found under a bush one day:p What do you think - girls or boys?

Here's the first one who seems to take after it's dad:

103548_moscow_014.jpg

Here's the second one in question:

103548_moscow_018.jpg

Here is a picture of all four of them (the light buff one on the right is the mom):

103548_moscow_026.jpg

And finally here is the dad:

103548_moscow_036.jpg

The father is a Black SL rooster, and from the resulting chicks, I would agree that the mother was an Orpington. The chicks will not be SL, so the coloring will not be a determining factor.

I do see some pointed feathers on the bird in the first picture, so at least one of the white ones is a roo. Can you post closer pictures of the others?

The white one is a rooster he's cool looking
smile.png
the buff one looks like a hen to me. On second thought it still could be a roo based on the longish looking tail feathers. I'm just not sure? Another pic would be nice

Last edited:
In this case, do you think all but the mom are roosters? Here's another picture of them, the mom is the one on the left........

103548_red_roo3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom