What gender are these ?

What in the WORLD...:th she clearly said "IF", and not that she definitely knew. Take a chill pill, dude.
🤷‍♀️
Ok. I didn’t see the if. I was having a bit of a bad day. Still doesn’t change the fact that you can’t actually assume the parentage of crosses.

Excuse me? I'm working with birds with similar genetics, & you saying I don't know is just mean.
But you don’t.
That’s the thing.
I‘m definitely sorry that I was so rude yesterday. But I’m also sorry to say, my point remains the same. How can you be so sure that he has the same genetic makeup if you‘ve never met him before in your life, and have no idea of his parentage? Idk. It seems like it’s a bit far fetched.
I’ll stop bothering you.

But you don’t.
That’s the thing.
I‘m definitely sorry that I was so rude yesterday. But I’m also sorry to say, my point remains the same. How can you be so sure that he has the same genetic makeup if you‘ve never met him before in your life, and have no idea of his parentage? Idk. It seems like it’s a bit far fetched.
I’ll stop bothering you.
I've seen enough Buff Orpington/Barred rock crosses to know what they look like, & know what genes make up their coloration.

My Project Wheaten Crele Orpingtons are the result of using that cross for the color pattern I want in my Orpingtons.

🤷‍♀️
Ok. I didn’t see the if. I was having a bit of a bad day. Still doesn’t change the fact that you can’t actually assume the parentage of crosses.
Well, maybe read the post fully before snapping at people. It’s the internet. There’s plenty of rude people out there, and quite frankly I believe it’s sad to see it on a chicken site. That doesn’t mean we don’t have bad days sometimes; but taking it out on others? On a chicken site? Just amazes me. We’ve all been there, heck, I’ve been there a few times. But, making an educated guess (aka hypothesis) and assumptions along with experimenting is how most scientists know what they know today. Everyone has to start somewhere.

572BDD69-9DFA-4575-B4A2-F2D1636A1DED.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom